Australia only (for New Zealand information, see Creating a card)
Employee cards are used to store the personal information, contact details and payroll details of your employees. A lot of these details will come from the Tax File Number Declaration form (available from the ATO).
You need to create a card for any employee you will pay using AccountRight.
Using Pay Super?
There’s some mandatory information you need to enter in your employee cards.
To create an employee card
- Go to the Card File command centre and click CardsList. The CardsList window appears.
- Click New. The Card Information window appears.
- Select Employee in the Card Type field.
- Enter the employee’s name and their contact details.
- If you want to assign a code to identify the employee, enter one in the Card ID field.
- (Plus, Premier) Enter the employee's payroll information.
Will your employee use AccountRight?
If you’re setting up an employee and they’re going to use AccountRight, you’ll also need to give them access to the company file.