AccountRight takes care of the accounting and reporting requirements of most businesses. But you can easily extend and build on AccountRight with custom add-on apps tailored to your business or industry.
Add-ons seamlessly connect to AccountRight so you can do things like:
- forecasting, and what-if analysis
- integrate with POS systems
- get access to your info from other apps
- set up an online store.
The AccountRight Server Edition connects to add-ons via the MYOB API, and the AccountRight PC Edition connects via the MYOB Add-On Connector.
To see the range of add-ons available, visit the Add-on Centre.
What is the MYOB Add-On Connector?
The MYOB Add-On Connector is installed with AccountRight to connect to 3rd party applications designed to enhance, or "add-on" to, AccountRight. Learn more about add-ons.
Add-ons can only connect to AccountRight if the MYOB Add-On Connector is running on your computer.
You can start it by going to the MYOB folder in the Windows Start menu (In Windows 7, it's in the MYOB>Add-Ons folder). You only need to do this once—the next time you start Windows, the MYOB Add-On Connector will start automatically.
How do I install or reinstall the MYOB Add-On Connector?
|AccountRight PC Edition||The MYOB Add-On Connector installs automatically when AccountRight is installed. To reinstall the Add-On Connector, reinstall AccountRight.|
|AccountRight Server Edition|
The Add-On Connector (sometimes called the AccountRight API), can be installed during or after the AccountRight installation. After installing AccountRight, you can install the AccountRight API by going to Start > All Programs > MYOB AccountRight 20xx.x SE > Tools > Install AccountRight API
You can uninstall the AccountRight API via Control Panel > Programs and Features.
How can I test if the MYOB Add-On Connector is working?
Open a web browser and enter http://localhost:8080/AccountRight/ into the address bar. Details of your local AccountRight company files should be displayed, meaning the Add-On Connector is working fine.
If this information doesn't display, the page times out, or you get an error, it means the Add-On Connector isn't working properly and should be reinstalled.
How do I turn off the Add-On Connector?
You can turn off the Add-On Connector permanently or close it just for this session.
- to turn it off permanently, right-clicking on the Add-On Connector icon in the Windows System tray, select About MYOB Add-On Connector and deselect the Run Add-On Connector at Start up option.
- to close it for this session, right-clicking on the Add-On Connector icon in the Windows System tray, and select Exit MYOB Add-On Connector. Note that the Add-On Connector will restart when you restart your computer.
How do I resolve an error status with the MYOB Add-On Connector?
A red cross displaying on the Add-On Connector icon in your computer's system tray means there's an error status.
There are 3 possible causes:
- Another Windows user is still logged into your computer
- A previous version of the AccountRight API is still installed
- Another program on your computer is using the port required by the Add-On Connector
Download this support document for help with each of these.
Need to change the port used by the Add-On Connector? You'll probably need help from an IT person, but see this blog from the MYOBapi Team for information on how to do it.