How satisfied are you with our online help?*
Just these help pages, not phone support or the product itself
Why did you give this rating?
Anything else you want to tell us about the help?
If you have assigned identification codes (IDs) such as customer numbers or account numbers to your customers, you can enter those IDs in their cards.
You can also set a preference that will let you select customers by their ID instead of their last name or company name when entering a transaction. Customer search lists will also be sorted by their ID when this preference is set.
The Card ID preference affects all card types
If you choose this preference, you will have to select all card types by their IDs.
To enter an identification code
- Go to the Card File command centre and click Cards List. The Cards List window appears.
- Click the zoom arrow next to the card you want to edit. The Card Information window appears.
- Enter a unique code of up to 15 alphanumeric characters in the Card ID field.
- Click OK to save your changes.
To select contacts using Card IDs
- Go to the Setup menu and choose Preferences. The Preferences window appears.
- Click the Windows tab.
- Choose the Select Cards by Card ID, Not Card Name option.
You can now select cards by their IDs and your card lists will be sorted by ID instead of by last name or company name.