How satisfied are you with our online help?*
Just these help pages, not phone support or the product itself
Why did you give this rating?
Anything else you want to tell us about the help?
You can export reports in various file formats so that they can be viewed and edited in other programs.
There is currently two reports which can't be exported due to the complex format of the report.
- Card List [Detail]
- Employee Employment Details
To export reports
- Display the report you want to export.
- If you customise the report, click the Print Preview tab to ensure your changes are saved for export.
- Go to the File menu and click Export. A list of file format options appears.
Click a file format option you need:
File format Description Portable Document Format: Select the PDF option if you want to view or print the report later and keep the same format and appearance that's used in AccountRight. If you save a report as a PDF, the person who receives the report will need a PDF viewer, such as Adobe Reader, to view or print the report. Excel
Microsoft Excel spreadsheet: Select the Excel option if you want to view the report in Microsoft Excel, or use Excel's features to further analyse the data. You can edit the default spreadsheet templates that AccountRight uses. If you save the report as an Excel document, the person who receives the document will need a program that can open Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, to view the report.
You can only export a report as an Excel file if Microsoft Excel 2010 or later is installed. If you're exporting a custom report, the Export to Excel button is not available in the Index to Reports window, but you can export it after displaying the report.
Using Office 365? Make sure Excel is installed on your computer and not accessed via a web browser.
XPS XML Paper Specification: Select the XPS option if you don't need to edit the report and want to use the XPS Viewer provided with Windows to view or print the report. CSV Comma-separated values text file: Select the CSV option to save a text file where all the report data is separated with commas. This is a file format that can be opened and edited by most spreadsheet programs. TSV Tab-separated values text file: Select the TSV option to save a text file where all the report data is separated by tab characters. This is a file format that can be opened and edited by most spreadsheet programs.
Depending on the report format you chose, one of the following will happen:
- the Export report as window will appear. Specify the file name and location, and then click Save.
- the report is displayed in the selected program (such as Excel). Save the report in the program as you normally would.
How do I include account numbers on exported reports?
Account numbers are not included on all account reports by default. This includes the Balance Sheet, P&L, accounts list and trial balance reports. To add account numbers, you need to add the Account No. column to the report (if available).
- Open the report, such as the Accounts List [Summary] report.
- Select the Insert/Modify tab.
- Click Show/Hide (in the Report Columns section of the ribbon). A list of available columns appears.
- Select the Account No. column and then click Show.
- Click OK.
- Click the Print Preview tab to save the changes as printable and exportable.