AccountRight Plus and Premier, Australia only
Timesheets are used to record all the hours worked by hourly employees or to record extra hours worked by employees that are paid based on a standard pay. If you pay employees for time-billing activities, you can also enter activity details on timesheets and use these details to create activity slips.
The timesheet feature is optional. If your hourly employees work a fixed number of hours per pay and you don’t pay employees for time-billing activities, there’s no need for you to use this feature. However, if you pay employees for additional hours worked, such as overtime, you can record these hours using timesheets.
When you record timesheet information for a pay period, you can then include the timesheet details when you process employee pays.
You can create a timesheet entry from the Enter Activity Slip window by selecting the Include Hours on Timesheet option. This allows you to enter greater detail about the activity. See Creating activity slips.
Before using timesheets, you need to set your timesheet preferences.
- Go to the Setup menu and choose Preferences. The Preferences window appears.
- In the System tab, select the I Use Timesheets for [...] and My Week Starts on [...] preference.
- If you use timesheets to record:
- time billing and payroll information, select Time Billing and Payroll from the I Use Timesheets for [...] list.
- payroll information only, select Payroll from the I Use Timesheets for [...] list.
- Select the first day of your timesheet period from the My Week Starts on [...] list, enter the first day of your timesheet period. Note that if you just use timesheets for payroll and your pay period starts on a different day each period, for example, you pay monthly, you can select any day.
- Click OK.
- Go to the Payroll command centre and click Enter Timesheet. The Enter Timesheet window appears.
In the Employee field, type or select the employee’s name. The employee’s timesheet, with any previously entered details for the period shown, appears.
A grey value in an hours column indicates hours paid.
- If you are recording details for a week other than the current week, select the required week:
- click the back arrow ( ) to select a previous week
- click the forward arrow ( ) to select a future week
- click the calendar icon ( ) to select a week from the calendar that appears.
Enter timesheet details in one of the following ways:
If you want to... Do this... Enter the daily hours for each payroll category worked
For each payroll category, enter an hourly payroll category in the Payroll Category field and enter the daily hours worked in the date fields.
You can also:
- record time‑billing details (depending on your selection in the Preferences window)
- type a description in the Notes field
- assign a job number.
Use the same details as the previous week Click Copy From Previous. The employee’s timesheet details for the previous week appear.
- If you want to record the start and stop times for a payroll category:
- Select the Display Start/Stop Time Column option. The Start/Stop column appears.
- Enter the start and stop time for the required categories.
- If you want to enter a timesheet for another week, repeat from step 3.
Click OK. If you recorded time-billing activity details on this timesheet, an activity slip is created. You can review or modify the activity slip information in the Enter Activity Slip window or the Enter Timesheet window.