How satisfied are you with our online help?*
Just these help pages, not phone support or the product itself
Why did you give this rating?
Anything else you want to tell us about the help?
This information is intended for AccountRight v19 (or earlier) users moving to the new AccountRight. If you're already using the new AccountRight and need to update your software, or upgrade a file that's already online, see Getting the latest version.
What do you need to upgrade?
Already using the new AccountRight? You just need to get the latest version to update your software.
Learn about the new AccountRight
Before you upgrade, learn about the new features in the latest version.
- Stay compliant with Single Touch Payroll
- Things you should know before upgrading
- What's new for v19 users
- Try AccountRight before you upgrade your file
- Attend a free upgrade webinar.
Not sure which AccountRight version you're using? Open AccountRight, go to Help and choose About AccountRight.
Upgrading is straightforward. You start by downloading the new version, finding your company file and sending it to us to put online.
Use Google Chrome to download the file ( download Chrome here ). We've seen cases where other browsers, like Internet Explorer, can affect the file extension of downloaded files. What browser am I currently using?
MYOB takes the hassle out of upgrading. When you upgrade, you send your file to us, we'll upgrade it, put it online and let you know when it's ready to go.
Note that upgrading can take a couple of hours (depending on your company file size), and you can't make changes to your file during this time, so you should do it outside of business hours.
Don't want to put your file online? In the following cases, you may want to upgrade your file and store it offline:
don't have an internet connection, or it's very slow
or don't have a subscription for an online file
or want to work on a local network.
Note that you won't have access to key features.
- Start AccountRight (look for the new AR shortcut icon on your desktop or in the Start menu). The Welcome window appears.
- Click Upgrade a company file. The Upgrade Assistant appears.
Click Continue and on the Company file page, click Browse to locate and select the file you want to upgrade.
Can't find your file? Try looking in your AccountRight v19 installation folder, like c:\Plus19 or c:\PremierClassic. Look for a file with a .myo or .prm extension. If you can only find a .MYOX file, it means it's already upgraded (learn how to open a company file).
Still having trouble? Get help finding your company file.
- If the file you're upgrading is password-protected, type in the password and click Continue. If you're not sure of the Administrator password, try leaving it blank.
- Sign in to AccountRight with your MYOB account details and then click Upload.
- Once your file has uploaded, you can close AccountRight while we do the rest.
- We'll email you when the upgrade's complete, or if we come across any issues along the way.
For information on how to open your file in your new software, see Open a company file.
After you get your upgraded file back, there may be a few more things you need to do (depending on the features you want to use), such as migrating your personalised forms. Don’t stress though, you only need to do them once.
Check out this help topic for all the details, or watch this video for an overview:
Don't forget, if you need any help along the way, feel free to contact us.
What should I do with my old AccountRight software? If you need access to pre-upgraded company files or backups, keep your old AccountRight software installed on your computer. This also lets you run historical reports in your old software. Otherwise you can uninstall your old AccountRight software.