What is a serial number?
A serial number is a unique ID by which your software can be identified. MYOB provides you with a serial number when you purchase AccountRight.
Where is my serial number?
- have an AccountRight company file, you'll find your serial number in the Company information window (open your company file and go to Setup > Company Information).
- have a redemption code (a software card or voucher), you’ll receive a serial number after your register AccountRight online.
- purchased AccountRight in a store, your serial number is on the base of the product box and on the sleeve of the software CD.
- received upgraded software in the mail, it's on the covering letter sent with the upgrade package.
- purchased or upgraded from the MYOB website, it's in the email confirming your purchase.
- downloaded a test drive, it's in the email confirming your download.
What if I need to change my serial number?
- someone created a file for you, and used their own serial number to activate it (for example, your accountant).
- you have more than one copy of AccountRight, and have subscribed using a different serial number to the one recorded in your file.
- you just purchased a new copy of AccountRight (which includes a new serial number and subscription), but you were already using an AccountRight file. If you want to upload it online using a subscription that’s linked to another serial number, you’ll need to change the number that’s in your file.
Change your serial number by going to the Help menu and choosing Change Serial Number. You'll need internet access to complete the process.
My company file has been activated with someone else’s serial number
If your file has been activated with someone else’s serial number, for example your accountant’s number, you can change it by opening the file, going to the Help menu and choosing Change Serial Number. You’ll need internet access to complete the process.
Why can't I click 'Change Serial Number' on my Help menu?
The Change Serial Number function is only available if:
- your company file has been activated or confirmed
- your company file is in your local AccountRight library (not online, checked out, or in a network library)
- your company file has never been online
- you are signed on to your company file as an administrator
- your company file doesn't use bank feeds
Have other questions about your serial number?
Our MYOB Support team will be happy to answer your questions. Please call 1300 555 151 (Australia) or 0800 60 69 62 (New Zealand).