A serial number is a unique ID that identifies your software. MYOB provides you with a serial number when you purchase AccountRight.
What's my serial number?
- have an AccountRight company file that's been activated, you'll find your serial number in the Company Information window (open your company file and go to Setup > Company Information).
- purchased a point-of-sale activation (POSA) card or voucher from a retail store, we'll email you a serial number after you redeem your redemption code at myob.com/redeem. Redemption codes are not the same as a serial number and have a different format (15 characters with a mix of letters and numbers).
- purchased an AccountRight software CD, your serial number is on the base of the product box.
- received upgraded software in the mail, it's on the covering letter sent with the upgrade package.
- purchased or upgraded from the MYOB website, it's in the email confirming your purchase.
- downloaded a test drive, it's in the email confirming your download.
Changing the serial number in your company file
- someone created a file for you and used their own serial number to activate it (for example, your accountant).
- you have more than one copy of AccountRight, and have subscribed using a different serial number to the one recorded in your file.
- you just purchased a new copy of AccountRight (which includes a new serial number and subscription), but you were already using an AccountRight file.
If you want to upload it online using a subscription that’s linked to another serial number, you’ll need to change the number that’s in your file.
To change your serial number, open your company file in AccountRight, go to the Help menu and choose Change Serial Number. You'll need internet access to complete the process.
The Change Serial Number function is only available if:
- you're using the new AccountRight (this function isn't available in classic versions, such as AccountRight v19)
- your company file has been activated or confirmed
- you are signed on to your company file as an administrator
- your company file is in your local AccountRight library (not online, checked out, or in a network library)
- your company file doesn't use bank feeds
- you haven't signed up for our Pay Super service.
The serial number doesn't match your account
If you're getting this error, try changing your serial number as described above. If you're still having trouble, call our support team for help (1300 555 151 in Australia or 0800 60 69 62 in New Zealand).
Have other questions about your serial number?
Our MYOB Support team will be happy to answer your questions. Please call 1300 555 151 (Australia) or 0800 60 69 62 (New Zealand).