A serial number is a unique 12-digit ID that identifies your software. MYOB provides you with a serial number when you purchase AccountRight.
You can enter your serial number when creating or activating a new company file. Before a company file is activated, you can also enter the serial number on the Company Information window (Setup menu > Company Information).
Keep reading to learn how to find or change your AccountRight serial number.
Finding your serial number
Depending on your scenario, there's a few ways to find your serial number.
|If you...||you'll find your serial number...|
|have an AccountRight company file that's been activated||in AccountRight's Company Information window (open your company file and go to Setup > Company Information).|
|purchased a point-of-sale activation (POSA) card or voucher from a retail store|
Redemption codes are not the same as a serial number and have a different format (15 characters with a mix of letters and numbers, instead of a serial number's 12 digits).
|purchased an AccountRight software CD||on the base of the product box|
|purchased or upgraded AccountRight from the MYOB website||in the email confirming your purchase|
|downloaded a trial version||in the email confirming your download|
Changing the serial number in your company file
There may be times when you need to change the serial number that’s recorded in your file to another number that’s registered to you. You might need to change it if:
- someone created a file for you and used their own serial number to activate it (for example, your accountant).
- you have more than one copy of AccountRight, and have subscribed using a different serial number to the one recorded in your file.
- you just purchased a new copy of AccountRight (which includes a new serial number and subscription), but you were already using an AccountRight file.
If you want to upload it online using a subscription that’s linked to another serial number, you’ll need to change the number that’s in your file.
To change your serial number, open your company file in AccountRight, go to the Help menu and choose Change Serial Number. You'll need internet access to complete the process.
Change Serial Number function not available?
This function is only available if:
- you're using the new AccountRight (this function isn't available in classic versions, such as AccountRight v19)
- your company file has been activated or confirmed
- you are signed on to your company file as an administrator
- your company file is in your local AccountRight library (not online, checked out, or in a network library)
- your company file doesn't use bank feeds
- you haven't signed up for our Pay Super service.
Error: "The serial number doesn't match your account"
Depending on what you were doing, here's how to fix this error.
|If you're seeing this error...||then do this...|
|when uploading a company file||Make sure you're signed in to your MYOB account as an online owner or online administrator, then try the upload again.|
|when upgrading a company file||Make sure you're signed in to your MYOB account as an online owner or online administrator, then try the upgrade again. Alternatively, you can upgrade your company file without putting it online, then change your serial number as described above.|
|at any other time||Call our support team for help (1300 555 151 in Australia or 0800 60 69 62 in New Zealand).|
Have other questions about your serial number?
Our MYOB Support team will be happy to help. Jump onto LiveChat or call 1300 555 151 (Australia) or 0800 60 69 62 (New Zealand).