What is a serial number?
A serial number is a unique ID by which your software can be identified. MYOB provides you with a serial number when you purchase AccountRight.
Purchased a point-of-sale activation (POSA) card or voucher from a retail store? You’ll receive a serial number after you register AccountRight online. To register AccountRight, you need to redeem your redemption code. Note that a redemption code is not the same as a serial number and has a different format (15 characters with a mix of letters and numbers, such as AXCE3 - MOQ4F - FRT45).
Where is my serial number?
- have an AccountRight company file that's been activated, you'll find your serial number in the Company Information window (open your company file and go to Setup > Company Information).
- have purchased a point-of-sale activation (POSA) card or voucher from a retail store, we'll email you a serial number after you redeem your redemption code at myob.com/redeem. Redemption codes are not the same as a serial number and have a different format (15 characters with a mix of letters and numbers).
- purchased an AccountRight software CD, your serial number is on the base of the product box.
- received upgraded software in the mail, it's on the covering letter sent with the upgrade package.
- purchased or upgraded from the MYOB website, it's in the email confirming your purchase.
- downloaded a test drive, it's in the email confirming your download.
Changing the serial number in your company file
- someone created a file for you, and used their own serial number to activate it (for example, your accountant).
- you have more than one copy of AccountRight, and have subscribed using a different serial number to the one recorded in your file.
- you just purchased a new copy of AccountRight (which includes a new serial number and subscription), but you were already using an AccountRight file. If you want to upload it online using a subscription that’s linked to another serial number, you’ll need to change the number that’s in your file.
Change your serial number by going to the Help menu and choosing Change Serial Number. You'll need internet access to complete the process.
My company file has been activated with someone else’s serial number
If your file has been activated with someone else’s serial number, for example your accountant’s number, you can change it by opening the file, going to the Help menu and choosing Change Serial Number. You’ll need internet access to complete the process.
Why can't I click 'Change Serial Number' on my Help menu?
The Change Serial Number function is only available if:
- your company file has been activated or confirmed
- you are signed on to your company file as an administrator
- your company file is in your local AccountRight library (not online, checked out, or in a network library)
- your company file doesn't use bank feeds
- you haven't signed up for our Pay Super service.
Have other questions about your serial number?
Our MYOB Support team will be happy to answer your questions. Please call 1300 555 151 (Australia) or 0800 60 69 62 (New Zealand).