How satisfied are you with our online help?*
Just these help pages, not phone support or the product itself
Why did you give this rating?
Anything else you want to tell us about the help?
If you need to change something in a recorded pay, you'll need to delete the pay then re-enter it. This will delete both the payment and the payslip, and remove the pay from all payroll reports.
Using MYOB PayAgent (New Zealand only)?
To change or delete a pay, you'll need to contact our New Zealand support team on 0800 606 962 as soon as possible. We'll help fix the issue and ensure that your pay runs are processed correctly. Learn more about MYOB PayAgent.
You can delete one employee pay at a time, so you can repeat the process to delete all employee pays in a pay run.
To delete an employee's pay
Already paid the employee? Deleting the payroll transaction can affect your future bank reconciliations. You'll need to unmatch or unreconcile it first. See "Deleting reconciled or matched payroll transactions" below.
- Go to the Payroll menu and click Employees.
- Click the employee's name.
- Click the Pay history tab.
- Click the X in the Del column for the pay you want to delete.
- Click Yes to the confirmation message.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.
Save button missing or not working? Try a different web browser, like Chrome or Firefox.
To delete a pay for all employees
If you need to delete an entire pay run (all employee pays for a pay period), you'll need to delete the pay of each employee in the pay run. See the steps above.
Once you've deleted the pay transaction for every employee in the pay run, the entire pay run is deleted.
To delete reconciled or matched payroll transactions
If the payroll transaction you’re deleting has already been reconciled or matched to a bank transaction, a message is displayed informing you that the transaction has been reconciled.
- If the payroll transaction you’re deleting has been manually reconciled or matched to a bank transaction, deleting it can affect your future bank reconciliations. See Reconcile transactions.
- If the payroll transaction you’re deleting is one of several transactions that have been matched to a single bank transaction (for example, if you used a single bank transaction to take out money to pay several employees), you’ll need to unmatch this transaction before you can delete it. See Matching bank transactions.
- If the payroll transaction you’re deleting has been automatically reconciled, deleting it will remove the match and may affect your bank reconciliation. After deleting the payroll transaction it will reappear on your Bank transactions window where you can allocate or match it.
Why is a pay still showing after deleting it?
Make sure you click Save after deleting the pay.
Why do I receive a message about superannuation when trying to delete a pay?
When attempting to delete a pay you may receive the message "Wages from this pay have been used in the pay transaction dated XX/XXXX/XXXX to calculate superannuation."
This message occurs because an employee's superannuation is calculated on a monthly basis, and the pay you're trying to delete has been used to calculate superannuation for subsequent pays in that month.
Before you can delete the pay, you'll need to delete the employee's subsequent pays for that month. Start by deleting the last pay for that month. Then work backwards until you've removed the pay you originally needed to delete.
For example, an employee has been paid 4 times in a month and you're getting the message when trying to delete the 2nd pay. You'll first need to delete the 4th pay from that month, then delete the 3rd pay.
You'll then be able to delete the 2nd pay for that month.
Remember to reprocess any deleted pays that you need to.
How do I restart a pay run (instead of resuming it)?
On the Pay centre page (Payroll menu > Enter pays), deselect then re-select an employee. You can now start the pay run from scratch.
How does deleting a pay affect Single Touch Payroll?
With Single Touch Payroll, your employees' year-to-date (YTD) amounts are reported to the ATO. This means if you delete a pay, the next time you complete a pay run and submit your payroll information to the ATO, the current (updated) YTD amounts will be reported.
Can I delete a pay if I've finalised my STP information?
Yes! Here's how to do it:
- Undo the finalisation.
- Delete the pay as described above.
- Process a zero dollar pay pay for the employee (Payroll menu > Enter pay > remove all hours and amounts from the employee's pay).
- Complete the pay run as normal to submit the information to the ATO. No amounts are paid but this will submit the employee's updated year-to-date figures to the ATO.
- Finalise the employee again.
How does deleting a pay affect payday filing?
New Zealand only
How you handle a deleted pay depends on the status of the submitted pay in myIR.
So start by logging in to myIR and checking the status.
|If the status is...||Do this...|