ANSWER ID:327, 390
As a website owner it's important to let your visitors know what your terms and conditions are, giving them peace of mind that they can browse, buy and make payments on your website safely. This is why it's a good idea to publish privacy, shipping and returns policies on your website.
If you choose to publish your policies, visitors will be able to access them from your website footer.
Try to write your policies in plain English, and avoid using legal or industry jargon that visitors may not understand. Be honest, and most importantly, make sure you adhere to your own policies! In the following sections we've provided some resources and tips for writing your policies, but if you're still unsure, we suggest that you seek legal advice.
Here are some tips on what you may want to include in your shipping policy:
- Your shipping rates. For example, you may offer free shipping for orders over a certain amount, or you may charge a flat rate. (Use the settings you've entered on the Sales and payments page as a guide.)
- Your shipping limitations. For example, you may only ship to your country, or you may not ship to PO boxes. (Use the settings you've entered on the Sales and payments page as a guide.)
- How long items will generally take to arrive from when the order is placed (factoring in the time it will take for you to pack and post the item). If it's hard to accurately pinpoint the number of days, use a range (say, 7-14 days).
- What a customer should do if an item doesn't arrive within the stated time frame.
For resources to help you understand your customers' rights to refunds and replacements, which in turn will assist you in writing your returns policy, see the following:
To publish your privacy, shipping or returns policy, follow the steps below.
- Click the My policies link in the Settings toolbar.
- On the My policies page, select the policy that you want to write and publish.
- In the text field that appears, write your policy.
Once you're finished, click Save. A link to your policy will now appear in your website footer.