To email pay slips from Payroll, you'll first need to set up your employee email details.
- Go to the Maintenance command centre and click Maintain Employees.
- Select an employee and click the Personal Details tab.
- Specify an email address and select the Email Pay Slips option.
Repeat these steps for each employee who wants their pay slip emailed.
Password protect pay slips
You can password protect emailed pay slips through Tools > Options > Leave tab.
Selecting this option will require the employee to enter a password when they open their emailed pay slip. The password is the employee's IRD number.
- Go to the Prepare Pays command centre and click Enter Pays.
- Double-click the employee for whom the pay is being prepared.
- Prepare the employee's pay as normal.
- Click Print Pay Slips.
- Select the employees to be emailed their pay slips.
- Click Next.
- If required, specify a message to be displayed in the heading and/or at the bottom of the pay slip.
- Click Next.
- If a printed copy of the pay slip is required as well as the emailed copy, select the option Print pay slips for employees with email addresses.
- Select the emailing option:
- Send via Email software (use this if you are using a version of outlook earlier than 2013)
- Send using SMTP (this uses your own internet service provider)
- Send Via Outlook 2013 or above.
- If using the Send using SMTP option, specify the following:
- SMTP Server: This is the SMTP server of your internet service provider (ISP). More and more ISPs require a username and password when sending emails using SMTP. If this is the case with your ISP, you won't be able to email pay slips using the Send using SMTP option.
- Reply address: This provides a reply address for the email.
- Send a copy to the reply address: This option allows a copy of the pay slip to also be sent to the specified Reply address. In Payroll 2012 and later this option is not available if the Send via Email software option is selected.
- Message: This allows a customised message to be added to the email containing the pay slips.
Click Next to proceed and continue the steps to print and email the pay slips.
When finished, a report will be displayed showing which pay slips have emailed successfully and which have failed.
- In Payroll, go to the Maintenance command centre and click Maintain Employees.
- Click Select Employee.
- Click the applicable employee then click OK.
- Click the Pay History tab.
- Double-click the applicable pay slip.
- Email the pay slip again using your usual email settings.
Firewall settings may prevent programs such as MYOB Payroll from sending outgoing emails. If you encounter interference from your firewall when emailing pay slips, you may need to modify the rules or exceptions that control blocked applications and allow MYOB Payroll. Check the documentation for your firewall software for details on how to do this, or seek advice from an IT professional.
This error usually means you have selected the option Send Via Outlook 2013 or above when emailing pay slips, but you're using a pre-2013 version of Outlook.
For older Outlook versions, select the option Send via Email software when emailing your pay slips.
Having trouble emailing your pay slips? Check these help topics: