If you have a lot of items (invoices, purchase orders, receipts, etc.) in your To Be Printed or To Be Emailed windows you may want to clear the lists. Depending on how many items you want to clear, there are 2 methods for achieving this.
The instructions below describe how to do this for cheques, but the same principles apply for all documents to be printed or emailed (except statements).
|title||Clearing the "To Be Printed" window|
If you only have a few items to clear
On the To Be Printed window, click the zoom arrow next to the item to be cleared from the list.
Change the Delivery Status to Already Printed and Sent and select the option Cheque Already Printed.
Repeat steps 2 - 4 for each document to be cleared.
If you have many transactions to remove, or you can't change the delivery status (if the transaction is in a closed year), complete the following steps.
If you have lots of items to clear
- Turn your printer off.
- On the To Be Printed window, select the items you want to remove and click Print.
- When prompted to choose a printer, select the printer you turned off then click Print.
- Open the print queue (double-click the printer icon in your computer's system tray, near the clock).
- Select the items in the print queue which are the print jobs from your MYOB software. You can select multiple items by clicking the first item then holding down the SHIFT key then selecting the last item.
- Right-click the selected items and choose Cancel.
- Click Yes to the confirmation message.
- Turn your printer back on.
|title||Clearing the "To Be Emailed" window|
Disconnect your computer from the internet. Alternatively, in Outlook you can choose to Work Offline. In newer Outlook versions, you do this via the Send/Receive ribbon by clicking Work Offline. In older Outlook versions, see the Outlook help for instructions.
On the To Be Emailed window, select the emails to be removed.
Click Send Email. This sends the emails to your default email program.
In your default email program, go to the Outbox and delete the emails.
The emails are now cleared from the To Be Emailed window, without actually sending them. And don't forget to reconnect your computer to the internet (or make sure Outlook is working online again).