To process an electronic payment
Providing you have set up electronic payments, you can process these payments as follows through the Process Payroll Assistant:
- Click Prepare Electronic Payments. The Prepare Electronic Payments window appears.
- In the Pay From Account field, select the bank account from which you make electronic payments.
- Select Pay Employees from the Select Payment By list, if it is not already selected.
- In the Bank Processing Date field, type the date you want the bank to process the pays. Unprocessed pays up to and including this date appear.
- [Optional] Record the purpose of the transaction in the Journal Memo field.
- Click in the select column ( ) next to the payments you want to include in the electronic payment.
- Click Bank File. A message appears stating that the transaction will be recorded before the bank file is created.
Click OK. The Save As window appears.
|UI Text Box|
Preparing multiple electronic payment files
When you save the electronic payment file, it is given a default name and is formatted as an .ABA file. If you prepare multiple electronic payment files, you should rename each file (keeping the .ABA file extension), so that you do not overwrite an unprocessed file.
Choose where you want to save the electronic payment file and click Save. The Prepare Electronic Payments window reappears.
- Click Close. The Process Payroll window reappears.
You can now send the bank file to your bank for processing (for example, by using online banking software provided by your bank). Contact your bank for more information on how to send electronic payment files for processing.
Learn more about processing electronic payments.