If you want to pay straight into your suppliers' and employees' bank accounts, there are two ways you can do it:
- pay directly from AccountRight (2019.3 BETA customers only)
- create a bank file from AccountRight then upload it to your bank for processing (in Australia these are called ABA files)
|UI Text Box|
The new direct payments service is currently in BETA (it's not quite ready yet), so it's only available to selected BETA customers.
Here's a comparison:
|Direct payments (BETA)|
Using a bank file
- Currently only available to BETA customers
- Australia only
- available in online company files only
- streamlined payment process, straight from AccountRight
- less data entry = fewer mistakes!
- no need to use internet banking
- secure payments
- full payment audit trail
- fees apply (see FAQs below)
- Australia or New Zealand
- available in both online and desktop company files
- requires internet banking
- included with an AccountRight subscription
|UI Text Box|
If you've already been using bank files for electronic payments, it's easy to switch to direct payments (BETA customers only).
Setting up electronic payments
Before you can make electronic payments, you'll need to set up a few things. See these topics for all the details:
Setting up AccountRight for direct electronic payments (BETA customers only)
Set up electronic payments for bank files
There are a few ways to identify that a payment you're making is to be paid electronically:
- When you record a Spend Money or Pay Bills transaction, select the Electronic Payment option.
- When you record a Pay Liabilities transaction, select the Group with Electronic Payments option.
- If you've set up your employees to be paid electronically, when you process their pays they'll be identified as electronic payments.
Recorded electronic payments are grouped on the Prepare Electronic Payments window, ready for processing.
For all the details on processing your electronic payments, see these topics:
Making electronic payments directly (BETA customers only)
Making electronic payments with a bank file
<h2><i class="fa fa-comments"></i> FAQs</h2><br>
|title||What are the fees for using direct payments?|
What are the fees for using direct payments?
The fees per use are:
Debit card (Mastercard only)
- 0.1% of the total payment value
- Example: if paying $10,000, the fee is $10
Credit card (Visa or Mastercard)
- 1.5% of the total payment value
- Example: if paying $10,000, the fee is $150