Check the following settings:
Pay Frequency: Is the correct pay frequency selected on the employee's card, for example weekly, fortnightly or other basis?
To check this:
- Go to the Card File command centre and click Card List.
- Click the Employee tab and click the zoom arrow next to the employee in question.
- Click the Payroll Details tab and then click Wages on the left.
- Highlighted below is the Pay Frequency field. Make sure the appropriate frequency is selected. See our example below.
Wages: Is the Annual Salary and Hourly Rate correct?
Tax Table: What tax table has the employee nominated and has the correct tax scale been selected on their card? A common mistake is choosing the wrong tax table. For clarification about which tax table should be used for an employee, check with the ATO.
To check which tax table that has been selected for the employee:
- Within the Payroll Details tab click Taxes.
- The selected Tax Table is displayed as shown below.
- Make sure any Extra Tax or Total Rebates have been entered correctly if applicable. Extra Tax is a per pay period figure and can be a positive figure (to increase the tax deducted for an employee each pay), or a negative figure (to decrease the tax deducted for an employee each pay). Total Rebates figure reduces taxes and needs to be entered as a yearly figure. See our example below.
Pay Employee Transactions: Have you manually changed any amounts in the pay employee screen? Remember: deductions, salary sacrifice and even PAYG are usually entered as negative dollar amounts.