You might need to delete an imported electronic bank statement for a number of reasons, including:
- you’ve imported the statement to the wrong MYOB Essentials bank account
- you’ve imported the wrong statement
- you've imported a statement containing the wrong date range
Note that you can’t delete bank statements containing transactions that fall within a locked period. If you want to delete these statements, you’ll need to unlock the period before deleting them.
|title||To delete an imported bank statement |
To delete an imported bank statement
- From the Banking menu, choose Bank transactions.
- On the Bank transactions page, click the Import History button at the top of the page. statements drop down arrow and choose View Import History.
The Import History page appears.
- In the Bank account list, select the account you want to delete an imported transaction statement for.
- Click the x the delete icon in the Action column for the statement you want to delete. The Bank Statement Transactions window appears, displaying a list of all the transactions in the statement, and their allocation status.
- Click Continue. A message appears, displaying a summary of the statement you’re deleting. Note that if the statement you’re deleting contains transactions that fall within a locked period, you won’t be able to continue until you’ve unlocked the period.
- Click Delete. The statement is deleted, and the bank transactions are removed from MYOB Essentials.
|UI Text Box|
No X delete icon in the Action column?
This means the import was an automatic bank feed (it usually says this in the Imported By column), so it can't be deleted.
<h2><i class="fa fa-comments"></i> FAQs</h2><br>
|title||I've imported a bank statement and now I have duplicated transactions in MYOB Essentials - what can I do?|
I've imported a bank statement and now I have duplicated transactions in MYOB Essentials - what can I do?
If you have duplicated transactions, it's likely caused by importing a bank statement which includes transactions which have already been brought into MYOB Essentials via bank feeds.
To fix this:
- Delete the imported bank statement as described above.
- Download a new bank statement from your bank, ensuring the date range doesn't include transactions already in MYOB Essentials.
- Import the bank statement.
|title||Can I delete individual imported bank statement transactions?|
Can I delete individual imported bank statement transactions?
Bank transactions brought into MYOB Essentials via imported statements represent the transactions which actually occurred in your bank account. This means you're unable to delete any of the entries shown. But if there's a corresponding transaction in Essentials, this transaction can be deleted.
See these topics for more details.
|title||Can I delete bank feed transactions?|
Can I delete bank feed transactions?
We recommend contacting our bank feeds team to discuss your options. In Australia call 1300 555 931 or New Zealand call 0800 60 69 62.