AccountRight Plus, Premier and Enterprise, Australia only
|UI Text Box|
AccountRight v19 is not compatible with
Single Touch Payroll reporting. If you need to report your payroll activity, you need to upgrade to AccountRight 2018. If you can't upgrade just yet, we've worked with the ATO and you have been granted a deferral from STP reporting until 31/5/2019. Read below for more information.
Single Touch Payroll (STP) is an ATO requirement which will change changes the way you report payroll payments, including:
- salaries and wages
- pay as you go (PAYG) withholding
- superannuation information
It’ll simplify your ATO reporting because you’ll be able to do it directly from your payroll software at the same time as you pay your employees. This means you’ll be able to meet your ATO reporting obligations at the same time you pay your employees, instead of running a separate process. It will also make EOFY a breeze because you’ve already reported your payroll activity throughout the payroll year.
Learn more about the requirements of Single Touch Payroll on the ATO website. Learn more about what MYOB are doing at myob.com/stpWhat do
Do I need to do ?
You need to do a headcount of your employees as at 1 April 2018. This is a headcount – not the full time equivalent (FTE) number. The ATO website explains more about this headcount.
Did you have 20 or more employees on 1 April 2018?
|NoYou don’t need to use STP reporting now, it's only optional. But all employers may need to start reporting using |
use STP reporting?
If you pay employees, you'll most likely need to report to the ATO via STP from 1 July 2019, subject to new legislation being passed.
|YesYou can implement Single Touch Payroll by 1 July 2018 by upgrading to the new AccountRight |
. But if you're not sure, check with the ATO.
How do I use STP reporting?
AccountRight v19 is not compatible with Single Touch Payroll reporting. To report your payroll activity via STP, you need to upgrade to AccountRight 2019 (an AccountRight subscription entitles you to an upgrade). Once you've upgraded , take a glimpse at how the new AccountRight will help you
you can set up Single Touch Payroll reporting.CanWhat if I can't upgrade just yet?
The following features aren't available yet in the new AccountRight, so if you use any of these in AccountRight v19 you might not be able to upgrade just yet:
- M-Powered Payments
- negative inventory
- multi-location stock tracking
of any of the above
- – we're building a replacement for this feature that works in the new AccountRight. If you can't upgrade because
- you currently use M-Powered Payments in AccountRight v19, we've worked with the ATO and you have been granted a deferral from STP reporting until 31
Deferral numbers were communicated by email. Keep the number handy in case the ATO get in touch with you about your STP deferral. However, you’re not required to proactively contact the ATO. If you need any assistance in finding the deferral number, please contact MYOB support via Live Chat or by calling 1300 555 123.
- Learn more about this deferral
- a third-party multi-currency add-on – there's an API limitation in the new AccountRight which affects writing to multiple currencies. Check with the add-on vendor to see if your add-on is compatible with the new AccountRight. If you can't upgrade due to the API limitation, you have been granted a deferral from STP reporting until 31 December 2019. Learn more about this deferral
- negative inventory – not supported in AccountRight 2019. If you need to keep using negative inventory, call us to discuss your options on 1300 793 130 (Australia), or 0800 60 69 62 (New Zealand).
|UI Text Box|
Do you use a third-party add-on? Check the add-on centre (Australia | New Zealand) or with your add-on provider to make sure the add-on is compatible with the new AccountRight.