AccountRight Plus and Premier, Australia only
You can reinstate an ex-employee by reusing their employee card. All you need to do is remove the Termination Date from their card and ensure their payroll details are up to date.
|title||To reinstate an employee|
To reinstate an employee
- Go to the Card File command centre and click Cards List.
- Click the Employee tab.
- Click the zoom arrow to open the employee's card.
- On the Profile tab, ensure the employee's details are current and the Inactive Card option is deselected.
- Click the Payroll Details tab.
- Click the dropdown arrow next to the Termination Date (to display the calendar) then click Clear. Alternatively, you can highlight the date and press Delete on your keyboard.
- Change the Start Date to the date the employee is being reinstated.
- Click through each of the tabs in the employee's card and ensure their details are up to date (Wages, Entitlements, Deductions, etc.). For more details see Enter employee payroll information.
- (Single Touch Payroll only) If you're reinstating the an employee in the same payroll year they were terminated, you'll need to undo their finalisation for Single Touch Payroll reporting. This lets the ATO know the employee has been reinstated.
- Go to the Payroll command centre and click Payroll Reporting.
- Click Payroll Reporting Centre.
- Click Employee terminations.
- Deselect the finalised employee and remove the Employment End Date.
- Click Notify the ATO.
- Enter your name as the authorised declarer and click Send.