Using Notepad and finding it difficult to understand the data that's been exported? Then try using Microsoft Excel instead. If you're looking for info on exporting reports to Excel, see Exporting reports.
Import/export files can be opened in Microsoft Excel to view or update the file's contents. Take a look at this video to see how it's done.
<iframe width="560" height="315"
You might do this to fix an import file which isn't importing properly, or to bulk update multiple records in your company file.
|title||To open an export file in Excel|
- Open Microsoft Excel and go to File > Open.
- In the Files of type field, select All Files(*.*) and then locate and open the exported text file. The Text Import Wizard appears.
- In Step 1 of the Text Import Wizard, select the Delimited option, then click Next.
- In Step 2 of the Text Import Wizard, select either the Tab or Comma option (depending on whether you selected to export the data as Tab or Comma separated), then click Next.
- In Step 3 of the Text Import Wizard, click Next.
- Click Finish. The file contents will be displayed and you can now edit the cells as required.
|UI Text Box|
When you finish editing, close the file and you'll be prompted to save. Click Yes to the message to save it as Text and continue using this format. This will ensure you can import the file back into your MYOB software as the same type of file it was exported as (tab or comma-separated).