AccountRight Plus and Premier (v2018.2 and later), Australia only
Before you can send your payroll info to the ATO, it needs to be in a format that the ATO can use.
When you set up Single Touch Payroll, AccountRight checks your details and lets you know what needs fixing. What gets checked?
|title||To check your payroll details|
- Go to the Payroll command centre and click Payroll Reporting.
Click Check Payroll Details. The Check Payroll Details window appears listing anything which needs fixing in your employee cards, company information or payroll categories.
- Click the arrow next to each error to open a window where you can fix the error.
- When you've fixed all the errors, click Check Payroll Details again.
<h2><i class="fa fa-comments"></i> FAQs</h2><br>
|title||What if I don't have an employee's TFN?|
What if I don't have an employee's TFN?
You can use any of these TFNs provided by the ATO.
- 111 111 111 for a new payee has not made a TFN declaration, (28 days have not passed).
- 333 333 333 for a payee under 18, earning less than $350 per week, $700 per fortnight or $1,517 per month.
- 444 444 444 for a payee who is an Australian Government pensioner payee.
- 000 000 000 if your payee chose not to quote a TFN and has not claimed an exemption from quoting a TFN or does not fit into any of the above categories.
Check with the ATO if you're unsure what to enter.
|title||What payroll details are checked during STP setup?|
What payroll details are checked during STP setup?
When you click Check Payroll Details during STP setup, the following is checked for missing or invalid information.
| ||What gets checked|
The company information is based on your previous year's Payment Summary information, but you can enter different details if required. You can always change this information at any time.
The required fields are:
- Company Name
- ABN Branch (if you have one) what is this?
- Street Address
- Name (of contact person)
- Phone (of contact person)
You can access this information via Payroll > Payroll Reporting > Company Information.
Employees paid in the current payroll year (including terminated employees) are included in the payroll check. Inactive employees are not checked.
The required employee information is:
- Last Name
- First Name
- State (you need to select a state from the list and not type it. If you have additional addresses (Address 2, etc.) ensure complete details are entered here too)
- Tax File Number (in the Taxes section of the Payroll Details tab).
Wage, deduction and superannuation payroll categories used in the current payroll year are included in the check. Each of these must have an ATO reporting category assigned. By default, this is set to To be assigned , so you know what payroll categories still need assigning.
How to assign ATO reporting categories