|UI Text Box|
If you're moving from AccountRight v19 to AccountRight 2018, this information is for you. If you're updating AccountRight 2011 or later,check out 'Getting the latest version' instead. To check your current AccountRight version, go to the Help menu and choose About AccountRight.
Are you able to upgrade?If you use the following Classic AccountRight features, you might not be able to upgrade from AccountRight Classic (v19 or earlier) just yet because these features aren't available in the new AccountRight:
- M-Powered Payments
- multi-currency, negative inventory or multi-location stock tracking
- add-ons that require ODBC. Are your add-ons compatible? Check here, or contact the add-on provider to check if the add-on can work with the new AccountRight.
MYOB is working on building out features like multi-currency in the new AccountRight. We'll let you know when they're available so you can move.
|UI Text Box|
Can't upgrade and need to be compliant for Single Touch Payroll (STP)? Don't worry, we've got your back. We've worked with the ATO and you've been granted a deferral from STP reporting until 31/5/2019. More details about this deferral will be provided soon. See Single Touch Payroll.
If you can upgrade here's some things to check first
|Check if||More information|
|your computer can run the new AccountRight|
|the file you want to upgrade is located in a C:\Program Files subfolder||You’ll need to log on to your computer as an administrator before you can upgrade it. For tips on how to find the file you want to upgrade, see How to find your file.|
|you have customised reports||You'll need to recreate them in the new software version. The good news is we've made customising reports easier. See Customising reports.|
Other things to note
If your file won't be stored online
- If your file is 100MB or more in size, there are a couple of things you should do in your Classic AccountRight software first. This can help the upgrade complete faster and smoother.
- If you've linked pictures to cards or item records, note that pictures over 200KB in size won't be imported into your upgraded file.
- Make sure your card and item pictures are saved in a subfolder called Graphics, in the same location as the file you're upgrading. For example, if the file you're upgrading is located at
C:\Plus19, make sure the pictures are in
Upgrade entitlements and costs
What does it cost to upgrade? If you have an AccountRight subscription, nothing! You're entitled to upgrade to the latest version for no extra cost.
If you don't have a subscription, visit the MYOB website (Australia | New Zealand).
How many company files can be put online? An AccountRight subscription enables AccountRight Basics, Standard and Plus users to put 1 file online. AccountRight Premier subscribers can move two files online. To buy additional company files or add online services to another company file, please call MYOB on 1300 555 151 (Australia) or 0800 60 69 62 (New Zealand).
You can also upgrade additional files without putting them online–but you won't have access to online services for those files.
Ready to upgrade?
See Upgrade to the new AccountRight.
After you've upgraded
There may be a few more things you need to do, depending on the features you use. Head over to our Additional upgrade tasks page for all the details.