At MYOB, we take data security very seriously so we regularly update our solutions to use the latest security protocols.On 15 October 2018, we'll update
We've updated our solutions that use TLS 1.0 (Transport Level Security) to now use TLS 1.1 or 1.2.
What does this mean for me?
If you're using AccountRight Classic with M-Powered services (MPS) on Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2, you'll need to complete the steps below. If you're not using Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2, you don't need to take any further action.
If you don't update you'll receive a 4001 connection error when trying to Send/Receive in M-Powered.
Complete the tasks below:
|title||1. Ensure windows is up to date|
- Click Start, type update in the search box, in the list of results, click Windows Update.
- In the details pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If you see a message telling you that important or optional updates are available, or telling you to review important or optional updates, click the message to view the updates to install.
- In the list, select the check box for the updates that you want to install, click OK, and then click Install updates.
- Once all updates are installed complete step 2 below.
|title||2. Install the Microsoft TLS hotfix|
- Go to the Microsoft article found here.
- Click .
- Run the downloaded MSI file.
- Follow the prompts to install the TLS hotfix.
- Once the hotfix is installed you'll be able to use M-Powered services.
The full Microsoft article can be found here.