AE Accounts only has a single group of accounts dedicated to recording livestock values. To differentiate between animals, you'll need to add a prefix (or "department identifier") to each livestock, profit and loss account.
This means when recording livestock values using an AE Accounts style of chart, you'll need to also need to configure department settings.
|Account Description||Account Code||Sheep||Cattle||Horses||Other|
|Header account (Livestock name)||0||1.0||2.0||3.0||4.0|
|Killed for Rations||8||1.8||2.8||3.8||4.8|
|Stock on Hand||10||883||883||885||886|
As there is only one set of accounts to record livestock values, you need to establish departments in the configuration. Each category of livestock is a different department.
For example, using the accounts:
- 1.6 - Cattle Sales
- 2.6 - Sheep Sales
- 1.2 - Cattle Purchases
- 2.2 - Sheep Purchases
In this scenario, Cattle is department 1 and Sheep is department 2, and 6 is the account code to represent Sales and 2 represents Purchases.
|UI Text Box|
If you're using an AE Accounts chart of charts you'll also need to set up department settings. See below for information.
|title||To configure department settings|
- From within your client's Client Accounting tab, click Edit Configuration Details.
- Select This ledger uses departments then click on Edit department settings. The Department Settings window appears.
- Select Prefix from Departments are defined by drop-down menu. Additional fields display.
Select Prefix separator and enter a full stop ( . ) in the field. For example, the prefix separator in account 2.6 is a full stop ( . ) where 2 is the division number for Cattle, and 6 is the account code for Sales. In this example, the prefix separator is . which is commonly used in AE Accounts.
- Select Use the name of the first account in the department. In the above example, the name of the first account will be account code 2 “Name of Department 1” or 3 “Name of Department 2”.
- Click OK. You are returned to the Client Configuration window.
Click OK. The Client Configuration window closes