To fix a partially failed M-Powered Superannuation payment, record a Receive Money transaction to represent the refund from the incorrect superannuation fund, and a Spend Money transaction to remit to the correct superannuation fund.
You will need to do the following:
- To prevent this from happening in future, change the employee's linked superannuation fund to the correct fund.
- Record the deposit of the refund cheque via Receive Money.
- Record the cheque to resubmit the superannuation contribution to the correct fund via Spend Money.
A superannuation payment for five employees has been recorded as per the window shown below and subsequently authorised and sent via the M-Powered Services Centre.
Some days later, a cheque for $138.46 is received from C+BUS - Construction and Building Union Superannuation Fund advising that Sue Smith is not a member of their fund.
- Go to Card File command centre and click Card List.
- Click the Employee tab and click the zoom arrow next to the employee in question.
- Click the Payroll Details tab.
- Click Superannuation from the left of the window and select the appropriate fund and Employee Membership #.
- Go to the Banking command centre and click Receive Money.
- Ensure the correct bank account is selected in the Deposit to Account field and the Superannuation Liability account is selected as the allocation account. The Memo field can be used to enter details of what the transaction relates to. See our example below.
- Go to the Banking command centre and click Spend Money.
- Ensure the correct bank account is selected in the Pay from Account field and the Superannuation Liability account is selected as the allocation account. The Memo field can be used to enter details of what the transaction relates to. See our example below.
The M-Powered Superannuation reports include a 'Date Paid' field. Because this report references the M-Powered Services transaction which included the rejected contribution, the date shown on the report for this employee will be the date the rejected payment was processed. It will not reflect the fact that in reality the payment of the contribution on behalf of the employee in question would actually have taken place when the Spend Money transaction referred to above was recorded and the cheque was received by the fund. By sending the report to Excel, it will be possible to alter that payment date if a hard copy report is required.What if I have received multiple cheques from multiple funds?
In this case, the process described above would be repeated for each fund.What if I have received one cheque relating to multiple employees?
The same transactions described above should be processed. To provide a breakdown of superannuation contributions by employee for the fund in question, run a Superannuation Accrual by Fund Detail report.