ANSWER ID: 9204
This support note explains how to fix a 'Test 20 of 39' error which can occur when verifying company files in classic AccountRight versions (v19 and earlier).
This particular verification error will occur if you have entered General Journal entries using an earlier version of MYOB and the option for Sale or Purchase type has not been available for selection.
The verification process in earlier software versions will not detect this particular error, but upgrade changes have been included in later versions to search for and list any transactions affected in this way.
How do I correct this?
- Locate the transaction using the Transaction Journal or Find Transactions window.
Note: The verification process will display the General Journal ID number and date.
- Click the zoom arrow to open the transaction in the Record General Journal window.
- Remove the account number from the first line item.
Note: You will need to have your company file set to allow changes or deletions in your company file. To do this, go to Setup menu choose Preferences and click the Security tab. Clear the Transactions CAN'T be Changed; They Must be Reversed option.
- Click the search arrow and select the account number from the list.
- Make sure you have a tax code nominated on each line of the General Journal entry.
- Make sure the correct option is selected.
- Click OK to record the transaction.
- Run the verification again to check all affected General Journal entries have been amended.
If the transaction in question is in a previous financial year, the system will not enable you to make the necessary change described above. In this case you can arrange for a repair of your company file. For more information on this service, including pricing, check our website (Australia | New Zealand).