If you need to upgrade a FirstAccounts company file to use with AccountRight v19, you'll need to download the Upgrade Assistant below, then use it to upgrade your company file.
This support note assumes you've already installed AccountRight v19 (learn about downloading AccountRight).
Once you've upgraded your company file to an AccountRight v19 company file, you'll be able to upgrade to the new AccountRight.
- Right-click the applicable link below (based on your AccountRight version) and choose Save Target As (or Save Link As).
Save the file in your AccountRight program folder. The default folder location will depend on your AccountRight version:
If your version is...
Save the file here (v19.12 or earlier) Save the file here (v19.13 or later, Australia only) AccountRight Standard
N/A AccountRight Plus
Click Yes to the following message:
Once downloaded, click Close to the window that appears.
If you use AccountRight Enterprise, your company files must be upgraded on the server. If you use AccountRight Premier, your company files should be upgraded on the workstation that hosts them.
- Open the upgrade assistant.
Go to the Windows start menu > All Programs > your AccountRight software folder (for example AccountRight Premier v19), choose MYOB Tools and then choose MYOB AccountRight v19 Upgrade Assistant. The upgrade assistant welcome window appears.
- Click Next. The Find File to Upgrade window appears.
- Click Find File. The Select Company File to Upgrade window appears.
- Select the company file to be upgraded and click Open.
If an M-Powered Services Centre warning window appears stating that a .box file cannot be located, then:
- if you use M-Powered Services, click Locate File, locate the .box file corresponding to your company file and click Open.
- if you do not use M-Powered Services, click Upgrade Company File Only.
The Find File to Upgrade window appears. The file path and name of the company file appear in the field below the Find File button. The new path and name of the company file, as it will be after upgrading, appear in the field below the Save As button.
- If you want to change the location or name of the upgraded company file:
- Click Save As. The Save As window appears.
Select the file location, type a new file name and click Save.
Restricted access to the Program Files folder in Windows Vista and later
User Account Control (UAC) is a security feature in Windows Vista and later. If UAC is active, files saved in the Program Files folder can only be opened by the Windows user who saved the files. If other users need to access your company file, do not save it in this folder. For more information about User Account Control, see Windows Help.
- Click Next. The Confirm window appears.
- Click Next to start the upgrade. When the file has been upgraded, the Complete window appears.
Your company file is now upgraded, ready for use in AccountRight v19. It also means you're now ready to upgrade to the new AccountRight.