Article ID: 38698
ARTICLE LAST UPDATED: 19 December 2018 10:12:00 AM
In MYOB Accountants Enterprise (AE) and MYOB Accountants Office (AO) Client Accounting, you may experience the error "Invalid file format, please use the appropriate file format and try again" when attempting to import an .MYE file to MYOB AE/AO Ledger.
This error may occur where there are special characters or letters in the Account Codes, or if an Account Code is left blank when exporting transactions.
To resolve this error, prior to the exporting transactions ensure that:
- All Bank Accounts have an Account Code in the Chart of Accounts
- All accounts listed in the Chart of Accounts have Numeric account codes.
- The sum of all transactions is equal to 0 and your Debit and Credit columns balance.
If you're exporting from an Essentials Accounting or AccountRight file, you'll also need to ensure:
- All transactions in the period have been reconciled and there are no transactions allocated to the 3-8000 Allocate me (withdrawal) and 3-8001 Allocate me (deposit) accounts.
Further information on importing a client file into AE/AO Ledger is available from Importing data.
- Open the client’s Client Accounting > Trial Balance or Workpapers tab.
- From the TASKS bar, click Manage client file imports. The Manage Client File Imports window appears.
- Under Choose file type, select .MYE.
- In the Select file to import field, click the ellipses button () and browse to the location of the .MYE file you want to import.
- Select the .MYE file and click Open. The location and name of the import file displays in the Select file to import field.
- Click Next. A message displays with details of the client’s name, start date and end date.
- Click Yes. The system validates the file format.
Continue to Mapping imported accounts.