The license could not be verified: License Certificate has expired!
Apart from sending documents to your clients for their records and for them to view, you can also send your client documents that require their digital approval. In doing so, you'll be creating a task associated with the documents and your clients will be notified by email that you're doing so. This email will let your clients know that documents are waiting for their approcal. A task entry appears on their Tasks > Open Tasks page.
All client users of the portal will be able to view the documents as they're listed on the Documents > Received page, but only the client users assigned to the task will be able to approve or reject the documents.
Go to MYOB AE or MYOB AO or your desktop.
Select one or more documents to publish to your client's portal.I've already created the client portalThe Publish to Client Portal Name portal page displays in your browser.I haven't created a portal for this client
You'll be prompted to select whether to:
- create one for your client. If you select this option, you'll be directed to the Create Portal page to create your client portal.
- add them to an existing portal. If you select this option, you'll then be prompted to select the portal to which you wish to add your client to and click Add. After confirming the addition to the selected portal, you can edit your client portal. The client you've just added will be identified with . All the existing full access users of the client portal will be able to see the new client's documents.
The Publish to Client Portal Name portal page displays where Client Portal Name is the name of the client portal that you're publishing the document to. The client name is listed directly below the page heading. The documents you selected to publish from your desktop are listed within a table.
- For each document, select the appropriate Tag and Year from the drop-down options.
Selecting the tags for your document is like filing it in a specific folder making it easier for you to search for it later.
- Order your documents in the list as required.
Click in front of the document you wish to reorder and drag it to the position in the list where you want it to be positioned.
- Select the document(s) which require a signature from your client(s) in the Signature required column.
More options display in the Create task section on the page.
- Select the clients who you require to digitally approve the document(s).
Only those clients who are part of the collaborative portal are listed for selection.
You'll be able to choose from:
full access users, who are listed in the Request signature from section, and
At least one full access user must be selected when creating a task for your client(s) to digitally approve documents.
Click Add other contributors to list all existing contributors of the client portal.
Click + Create new user to create a new contributor.
If you include contributors, they'll also be required to digitally approve / reject the document(s) for this task only.
Enter a Task name for the email notification.
This forms the subject of the email that will be sent to your clients. If you'd like to change the default title, delete the existing text and enter your own.
Enter a title that is informative for both you and your client.
- Enter a Description.
This forms the body of your email to your clients giving them more details about the documents you've published to their portal and what actions you require them to do regarding the documents.
- Enter or select the Due date for the task to be completed.
Enter a date in dd/mm/yyyy format or click the calendar icon to select a due date for the approved document(s).
A message is displayed across the top of the page letting you know that the documents have been successfully published. The clients selected for this task to approve documents, will each receive an email.In your portal
On your desktop MYOB AE or MYOB AO, if you have Document Manager
- The documents will be listed on MYOB Practice Online's Documents > Sent page.
- A task will be created and listed on MYOB Practice Online's Tasks > Open tasks page. If you've published a number of documents and requested a signature on more than one document, only one task will be created and associated with the documents. You can see all the documents you've published listed on the Tasks details page in the order that you published them.
- The documents will be listed on the Documents > Received page of your client's portal.
- A task will be created and listed on the Tasks > Open tasks page of your client's portal. If you've published a number of documents, only one task will be created and associated with the documents. Your clients can see all the documents you've published for them, listed on the Tasks details page in the order that you published them.
Once the current latest version of the document has been published to the portal, an icon is placed next to the document on your Client > Documents tab and the Versioning page of Document Manager.
An icon is placed next to a document on the Client > Documents tab, where an earlier version of the same document has been published to the portal.On your desktop MYOB AE or MYOB AO, if you don't have Document ManagerAnd you're publishing documents from your Client > Documents tab, there is no visual indicator to let you know which documents you've published to the portal
Your clients will receive one email notifying them that you've shared documents with them on your collaborative portal which require their digital approval.
At your end:
- If only one client user has been assigned to digitally approve documents, you'll be notified by email when they have either approved or rejected the documents.
- If you've assigned a number of client users to digitally approve documents, you'll be notified by email when all the client users have approved the documents and if any one of your clients rejects a document.
If there are multiple documents associated with an approval task, then all the documents must be approved by all your assigned users for the document to be consider approved and the task complete. If one of the documents is rejected by a user, then the entire approval task is rejected. You'll then have to make changes to the documents and resend them to your client for approval or create another task.
- After your clients approve the documents within a task, the documents will be digitally signed.
- After the document approval, you'll receive an email. You can then view the task and mark it as complete. The task is moved from the Tasks > Open tasks page to the Tasks > Completed tasks page of MYOB Practice Online.
- Once documents have been approved by your clients, see What happens to my documents? for more info.
- All actions will be listed in the Activity section of the Tasks details page of the particular task. See Task details for more info.
- The portal will let you know when the digital signatures for the documents are ready for you to view and access.
It's easy to track the status of an approval task, i.e., a task that involves the digital signature of documents. Simply click the task listed on Tasks > Open tasks to access the Tasks details page.
The Signees section lists all the clients who you've assigned to approve the documents and the status of the document approval is listed to the right of each client's name. At a glance, you can see the status of the document approval - approved, rejected or pending.
If one of your clients hasn't actioned the task, you can send them a reminder to prompt them to approve the documents.
See Task details for more info.