- Created by StevenR, last modified by MartinW on Jul 05, 2022
How satisfied are you with our online help?*
Just these help pages, not phone support or the product itself
Why did you give this rating?
Anything else you want to tell us about the help?
You can see your clients' activity statement obligations, including due dates and status information, on the Transaction processing page. This makes it easy to identify and prioritise the work you need to complete for each client. And it’s conveniently located next to their other file details, so you can finish coding their file and then move onto preparing their activity statements from the same page.
The Transaction processing page shows the next activity statement that’s due for each client, and any overdue statements you haven’t lodged yet. You can quickly open the next form that needs completing by clicking the status.
As an administrator, review this checklist to make sure you’ve set up everything that’s required to view activity statement details on the Transaction processing page.
- Set up a tax/BAS agent in MYOB Practice and enter the ABN that’s associated with your tax agent number.
- Authorise MYOB to lodge for you in your ATO Access Manager. This number appears when entering your agent details in MYOB Practice.
- Creating clients and contacts for the files that appear on the Transaction processing page. Ensure that the client's ABN and branch are correct. Also see Activity statements on the Transaction processing page - AU.
- Link each client record in MYOB Practice to their MYOB Essentials or AccountRight file on the Transaction processing page.
- Check that your clients are also listed in ATO Online, and their details match what appears in MYOB Practice, including their ABN and branch.
If the 'Multiple' status appears
If you prepare activity statements for more than one branch, you might see the Multiple status appear on the Transaction processing page.
This means we've received ATO activity statement information for multiple branches but can't match them to the client because their branch number is missing in their record.
You will need to enter a branch number before you can see their activity statement details on the Transaction processing page.
- Click All Clients in the top left of any page.
- In the Contact list, find the client you want to add the branch number to.
- Click theEdit icon to open the record.
- Enter the Branch number.
- Click Save.
There are two steps to complete.
First you need to create a user defined field in MYOB AE or AO so you can enter the branch number, and then you’ll need to enter the number in each client record.
Create the ABNBranch field
In MYOB AE or AO, go to the Maintenance menu and choose Maintenance Map.
Click User defined in the left menu.
Click Extra Fields.
In the first row of the table, right under the header row:
Type ABNBranch in the Field column.
Select the Contact checkbox.
Click in the Data Type field, and select Number from the list.
Press Enter, and the ABNBranch field will be saved to the list.
Add the branch number to a client
In MYOB AE or AO, click Contacts in the toolbar.
Open a client record.
Click the Extra tab.
Type the branch number in the Value column of the ABNBranch row.
|If you use MYOB AE/AO||You can’t have more than one client with the same ABN, which means you won’t be able to track activity statement obligations for multiple branches on the Transaction processing page. To help you track the status details of forms you've added for their other branches, go to the Compliance page.|
|If you don't use MYOB AE/AO|
Since you can only specify one branch number for each client record, here's what you can do if you prepare activity statements for another branch:
Activity statements - AU
Authorise MYOB to lodge activity statements for you
Link a tax/BAS agent to a client
Auto-create activity statements
Adding an activity statement manually
Completing an activity statement - AU
Sending an activity statement for client review - AU
Lodging an activity statement - AU
Non-lodgable forms - AU
Activity statements on the Transaction processing page - AU
Activity statement FAQs - AU
- Authorise MYOB to lodge activity statements for you