How satisfied are you with our online help?*
Just these help pages, not phone support or the product itself
Why did you give this rating?
Anything else you want to tell us about the help?
You can bulk-add company file details (AccountRight v19) to the Desktop files page by importing a CSV format file that contains their serial numbers.
Company File Previewer
An easy way to create the CSV file for upload is to use the AccountRight Company File Previewer. It will create a file containing a list of your desktop serial numbers in CSV format. Make sure to remove all the non-serial number content.
You can also export a list of serial numbers from my.MYOB to a CSV file format:
- Log into my.MYOB.com
- Select your practice from the top drop-down menu.
- Choose My Account then My Linked Clients from the list.
You'll see a page with a list of all clients linked to your practice to export.
- Click Export Clients.
A CSV file will download to your default download folder. You can use this file to import all the serial numbers.
To upload the file:
- Go to Transaction processing > Desktop files and click Add desktop files.
The Find desktop file to upgrade dialog displays.
- Click Upload file.
Find and select the first CSV file you want to upload.
If you want to change the file, click Upload file again. When you select the new file, it will replace the old one.
Click Add desktop files.
A message displays.
Click Continue working.
Successful serial numbers are automatically added to your list of Desktop files.
You will receive an email with the import results (including the number of businesses that have been successfully added, and which failed and why. (If you don't get an email with the import results, check your spam or junk folder.)
If some businesses didn't import
The email you receive after import will let you know if any of your businesses haven't imported correctly, and will list any failed serial numbers. You'll need to update your CSV file to fix those numbers. Note that you can only add version 19 serial numbers.
- Upgrade each of the businesses added to the listing – see the "To upgrade desktop files" procedure below for the steps to do this.
- Click Desktop files on the Transaction processing page.
- Click next to the business you want to upgrade and select Upgrade file.
- If the file has an active licence agreement, go to step 4.
If the file doesn't have an active licence agreement, the Upgrade desktop file page displays.
- Pick the AccountRight or Essentials product you'd like to upgrade to.
- Select your payment method. Will your client pay directly or are you billing them?
The Upgrade desktop file - Upload latest company file page displays with a product confirmation.
Now choose from one of the following options:Upload now
Click Upload now if you have the latest company file and want to upload it. The Upload your company file page displays.
Find your company file or drag and drop it into the page.
Once the file has been uploaded, it's displayed on your Desktop files page.
You'll also see details of the subscription linked to the file (including the number of licences available to upgrade to the new AccountRight) including the upgrade status of the file.
Once the upgrade to the online version is complete, the entry is moved to your Online files page.Request from client
Click Request from client if you want to send an email to your client requesting that they upload their latest company data file.
In the Upgrade desktop file - Email your client to request their file page:
- Enter your client's details and their email address.
- The Send me a copy of this email checkbox is ticked by default. Untick the checkbox if you don't want to receive a copy of this email.
- Click Confirm and send. An email will be sent to your client.
As you're waiting for your client to upload the company data file, the entry on your Desktop files page has a status of Awaiting file.
The entry displays the following information: Account name, the product name of the AccountRight classic account, the serial number, and number of active licences for online entitlement that are available for use with this account.
When your client uploads the file, the status will change to In progress for the upgrade.
Once the upgrade to the online version is complete, the entry is moved to your Online files page.
If the client is taking a while to upload their file, you can send them a reminder to upload it.