For each client in MYOB Practice that’s linked to an MYOB Essentials file you can specify how frequently you want to prepare coding reports for their file, their preferred file format (PDF or Excel) and other report settings.
For some clients you might want to send them a monthly coding report, while for others, a quarterly report will do. Setting each client’s reporting frequency enables you to filter the Transaction processing page to show just the clients with a specific frequency. This can save you lots of time when selecting the clients you want to prepare a report for.
To filter the Transaction processing page based on coding report frequency, click Filter on the Transaction processing page and select the Coding Report Frequencies to display. The page updates to show just the files and clients with the frequencies that are selected.
Report format and other options
Set the client’s report format and layout preferences, so you don’t need to manually select these when preparing their reports. This is handy when generating a batch of coding reports - just select all the clients you want to prepare a report for, and their individual preferences will be used to generate the reports.
If you don’t specify report preferences for a client, you can choose the report format when generating their report, but those settings won’t be saved for the client.
If the client has access to a portal, you can choose to send coding reports to them as tasks. All bulk task assignees who’ve been set up in the client’s portal will receive an email letting them know that a report is available to review, and they can access it by logging into the portal.
Alternatively, you can choose to have their report sent to you. You’ll receive an email when the report is ready to download. You can then email the report to the client, or print and send it by mail.
Before you can set up report preferences for a client, they need to appear in the Contact list in MYOB Practice and be linked to their MYOB Essentials file. It takes just a few clicks to set this up. See Link an online file to a client for more information.
- Click All clients at the top left of the page.
- In the Contact list, select a client you want to edit settings for.
- In the Client details section, click Settings.
If you select a client in My List, you can access their settings quickly by clicking the cog icon at the top right of the page.
- If you’ve never set up coding report preferences for the client, click Set up preferences. If you’re changing existing preferences, click Edit.
- Select the reporting frequency for the client.
‘None’ indicates you don’t have a preferred reporting frequency for the client. You can still select the client on the Transaction processing page to create a coding report.
- Select the report format. If the report will be printed, we suggest using the PDF format.
- If you select PDF, you can:
- select the page orientation, either Portrait or Landscape.
- give your clients more room to write their notes in, by selecting the Double row height option.
- Select if you want to add the optional columns.
For example, if you’ve added notes or questions in the transaction in MYOB Essentials that you want the client to review, select the Notes column.
If you're generating a PDF with the portrait orientation, you can only show/hide the Allocated to column.
- Select if you want to include allocated transactions in the report. This might be useful if you’ve entered notes against allocated transactions in MYOB Essentials that you need further information or source documents for.
- If the client has access to a portal, choose whether you want to send their coding reports as a task, or to have the report sent to you via email. If the client doesn’t have a portal, the report can only be emailed to you.
- Click Save.
When you generate a coding report for the client, these preferences will be applied to the client’s report.