Do not delete this page - MYOB Practice and MYOB Academy navigate to it
You can create tasks for a client if you:
- have set up a portal for the client
- have linked the client to their file (only required if creating tasks from the Transaction processing page).
- Click Tasks in the top menu bar.
On the Tasks page you can create tasks, and view open and completed tasks that were created in MYOB Practice, Accountants Office or Accountants Enterprise.
- Click Create task.
- Select the client. Only clients who you’ve already set up a portal for appear in the list.
- Select the full-access users that you want to assign the task to. These users are part of the client’s portal setup. If the user you want to assign the task to doesn’t appear you’ll need to cancel the task and create them first.
- You can assign the task to a contributor as well, such as the client’s bookkeeper. If the contributor isn’t listed, you can add them now by clicking Add other contributors.
Select who in your practice should appear to be the sender of the task to the client.
If you didn’t specify a default 'Send as' user in the client’s portal settings, your name will be selected by default. If you need to change the selected person, click the X and select a practice user. That way the client will address the correct practice user when replying to the task.
Select who in your practice needs to be notified when a client adds a comment to the task, or approves a document attached to the task.
If you didn’t specify a default practice user in the client’s portal settings, your name will appear here. You can include other users who should be notified for any activity by clicking Add someone to notify. You should include the task sender (the person selected in the Send as section) as a minimum.
You can include the practice alias as the task sender and also add it to the Notify list. Learn how to set up a practice alias
- Give the task a title. This title will be the subject of the email that is sent to the users. It will also be the task title displayed on your Tasks page and the Tasks page in your client’s portal.
- Enter a description. This will be the body of the email the users receive. Give them more details concerning the task.
- Drag one or more files into the Files box to attach documents relevant to the task that you want to share with the users, or click browse for files to find files on your computer.
- Enter or select the due date for the task to be completed. Enter a date in dd/mm/yyyy format or click the calendar icon to select a due date.
Click Create task.
A task is created on your Tasks > Open page and on the client's Tasks > Open tasks portal page. An email is sent to the users and collaborators you selected, letting them know that you've assigned them a task.
You can also create a general task for one or more clients straight from the Transaction processing page. See the procedure below for step-by-step instructions.
You can create a 'bulk task' from the Transaction processing page when you want to send several clients a generic checklist of information and documents you'll need for their next tax return.
When you create a task from the Transaction processing page:
- the default "Send as" and "Notify list" options selected in each client's portal will be applied. You can choose others in your practice to notify by clicking Add someone to notify.
- if you haven’t specified 'bulk task assignees' in a portal, the task will be assigned to all full access users of the client portals.
Click Transaction Processing in the top menu bar.
Click Create task.
In the General Task page that appears, enter a Title. This will be the subject of the email that is sent to your clients. It will also be the title that appears on your Tasks page and the Tasks page in your clients' portals.
- Enter a Description. This will be the body of the email to your clients giving them more details concerning the task.
Add any supporting documents relevant to the task.
Enter or select the Due date for the general task to be completed. Enter a date in dd/mm/yyyy format or click the calendar icon to select a due date for the general task to be completed.
- Click Generate.
An email will be sent to your clients letting them know that you've assigned them a task. The task will also appear on your Tasks > Open tasks page and your clients can view it in their portal's Tasks > Open Tasks page.