You can now prepare all major forms and maintain company registers, online with MYOB Practice from within Corporate admin.
But before you set up an agent, there's a few things you should to do to make sure you're ready to move online.
If you require comprehensive share tracking including individual parcels, consolidations or splits, make sure the current functionality in Corporate Admin is right for you.
We'll be enhancing and adding more features to your share registers in early-mid 2020. See Can I track individual share parcels? in our Corporate Admin FAQs.
Check your practice is ready for Corporate admin
- you're registered for ASIC online services
- you have EDGE lodgement access, an EDGE ID and EDGE Password
- you've synced your AE/AO contacts
- you have the correct address types configured (AE only)
- you've reviewed your client list
- you've disabled MYOB Corporate Compliance on the desktop.
Once your agent is set up in MYOB Practice, it's important that you only connect to ASIC via MYOB Practice. This will ensure you receive all Annual Statements and reports in one place.
Review your client list
If you still have companies on your client list that you no longer act on behalf of, you might want to remove them from your list of managed companies.
If you're using AE, make sure the Contact type for all your Corporate Admin companies are set to Company. Clients with "Other organisation" as their Contact type won't appear as a managed company in Corporate Admin, so you won't be able to lodge company forms for them.
- In your current Corporate Compliance software, prepare and lodge an RA61 - Review dates report for 12 months. This report contains a list of all clients for your agency, and their review dates.
- Scan the report to identify any former clients.
- For all former clients, prepare and lodge a Form 361 - Registered agent ceasing to act for a company or companies. You can also mark them as closed clients in MYOB AE/AO.
To check the Contact type, open the contact or client's record and from the Main tab, click Edit client detail.
Check your Address types (AE)
For addresses to flow correctly between AE, Contacts and Corporate admin, you'll need to have the following Address Types configured. These address types must be entered exactly as follows:
See Setting up Address Types for Corporate Admin for more details.
Back up and disable Corporate Compliance
After setting up Corporate admin in MYOB Practice, you can upload your MYOB Corporate Compliance database online and view all your client's history. All you need is a recent backup of your MYOB Corporate Compliance data.
You'll can still access your desktop Corporate Compliance software, but you'll need to lodge via MYOB Practice from now on. So to make sure all connections to ASIC are via MYOB Practice, remove the Edge login details from Corporate Compliance on the desktop.
You can perform the tasks below either before or after you set up Corporate admin, and in any order.
- Click Agents on the left-navigation bar. The Agents selection list opens. All agents in your practice who have been entered in Corporate Compliance are listed.
- Right-click on an agent in the Agents list and choose Open agent details. The agent's Details tab appears.
- Right-click anywhere in the Details tab and choose Change Agent Details. The Change Agent Details window appears.
- Under Edge Login Details, remove the ASIC Agent Number, DIS User ID and DIS Password from the relative fields. The Edge Login Details should now be blank.
- Click OK to save your changes.
- Repeat steps 1 to 6 for all listed agents.
- Log in as a Windows Administrator to the computer or server where MYOB Corporate Compliance is installed
- Make sure all users have logged out of Corporate Compliance.
Click the Windows Start button and type "backup". Click Backup.
The Corporate Compliance Utilities window appears.
- On the left navigation bar, click Backup and Restore. The Backup and Restore screen appears.
- Click Backup Now. The Backup Now window appears.
Select Retain - Keep until manually deleted then enter a Name and Description for the backup.
Click OK. A .bak file containing your Corporate Compliance data is created in the Backup files location.
- Log in to MYOB AE/AO as an administrator.
- Follow the menu path Maintenance > Maintenance Map > Security > Task Permissions.
- Select Corporate Compliance from the Product drop-down.
- From the Group drop-down, select an employee group who you want to give access to.
- Under Group Description, deselect Allow for the following permissions:
- Contact > Corporate Compliance - Tab
- Other > Corporate Compliance - Open.
- Click OK to save your changes. These changes will be applied when the affected users next log in.