The Online files view of the Transaction processing page lists the client files you’ve created or have been invited to.
If you don't have access to a client's file, there are two ways you can get access:
Get in touch with someone in your practice who is an administrator of the file, and they can give you access to the MYOB Essentials or AccountRight file.
Below are the steps that a file administrator will need to complete:
- Open the MYOB Essentials file (a quick way to do this is by clicking the file name on the Transaction processing page - learn more).
- When MYOB Essentials appears, click the business name in the top right, and choose Advisors.
- Click Invite advisor.
- Enter the staff member’s email address.
- Click Send invitation.
An email is sent to the staff member, inviting them to access the file.
After the staff member accepts the invitation, they will be able to access the file through MYOB Practice.
See also Invite your accountant for more maintenance tasks.
- Open the AccountRight file (a quick way to do this is by clicking the file name on the Transaction processing page - learn more).
- If prompted, sign in to the company file as an administrator.
- Go to the Setup menu and choose User Access.
- Create a user account for the staff member.
For more maintenance tasks, see Remove user access.
Want to remove a client file from the Transaction processing page?
If you're an administrator of the client file you can follow the instructions to remove yourself as a user from the following help pages:
If you're not an administrator of the file, ask someone in your practice who is, or contact the business owner, and they can remove you as a user of the file using the instructions in the above links.