You can share a document you’ve previously sent or received with another client portal user, or someone who isn’t a user (known as contributors). For instance, you may want to share a financial statement with a client’s bank.
When you share a document with a contributor, they can only see that document. Any tasks linked to the document aren’t shared with contributors.
- In MYOB Practice, click Documents in the top menu bar.
- Find the document you want to share.
- Click the document’s Action button and select Share with contributor.
The Share Document Name dialog appears. It shows who the document has already been shared with.
- If the user or contributor you want to share the document with is listed, click the checkbox next to their name.
If you want to remove someone’s access, deselect the checkbox next to their name.
- To share the document with a contributor who isn’t listed, click + Add contributor.
- If the contributor is already set up, type their name and you can select them user from the list that appears
- If a contributor hasn’t already been set up for the portal, click + Add new below the Add contributor field and enter their details.
- After selecting the users or contributors you want to share the document with, click Done.
An icon will be displayed next to the selected document if it has been shared with one or more contributors. You can click the icon at any time to see who a document has been shared with. If no contributors were selected, the icon isn’t displayed.
- Any users and contributors that you have selected to share the document with will receive an notification by email.
In MYOB Practice, click Documents in the top menu bar.
- Select the document that needs to be unshared from either your Sent or Received documents.
- Click the Action button associated with the selected document and select Share with contributor.
The Share Document Name dialog displays, where Document Name is the name of the selected document. The Share Document Name dialog lists all full access users and contributors who currently have access to the portal. If there is a tick in the checkbox associated with the client, this means that they have access to this document.
- Remove contributors who you don't want to share the document with anymore, by deselecting the checkbox next to their names.
- Click Done.