How satisfied are you with our online help?*
Just these help pages, not phone support or the product itself
Why did you give this rating?
Anything else you want to tell us about the help?
Do not delete this page - MYOB Practice navigates to it from within the product
New Zealand only
From 26 May 2023, banks have moved to 7-day payment processing. This doesn't change how tax notices work in MYOB Practice, and doesn't change when tax payments need to be paid to IR.
The Tax Notice page lists all upcoming tax notices for each tax client, for their current period.
Each week, MYOB Practice automatically creates any tax notices that are due within 90 days. If you see the message We've got data for (X) clients. Do you want to create their tax notices? at the top of the page, and you want to create notices for the financial year, you can click Create now in the message.
When you click Create now, all notices will be created for all tax clients, for the current period, once their IR data is downloaded.
Finding a tax notice
There are a couple of ways you can find tax notices that have a Use of money interest (UOMI) amount. Learn more.
To search for a client's tax notice, use the filters at the top of the Tax notices page.
You can use the filters individually or use them together. For example, you could just search for a client name, or you could narrow it down further by also entering the due date range in the To and From fields.
Once you've found the tax notice, click the row to open it.
Whether you're looking for a specific tax notice, or if you want to see a particular set of tax notices so you can easily perform bulk actions, MYOB Practice provides handy options to help you quickly display what you're looking for.
Most of these find and filter options are only available from the All clients view, not the client-centric view.
Depending on the size of your browser window, some filter options may be hidden behind a More filters button in the filter bar.
- To find a tax notices for a specific client, type their name in the Search field. The list displays tax notices for the name you typed.
- To show only clients assigned to a particular staff member, select the staff member from the Staff member drop-down. If you use MYOB AE/AO, you manage assigned staff from your client's Responsibility tab in AE/AO. If you’re using MYOB Practice without having previously migrated from AE/AO, you can’t assign staff as partners or managers, so all staff will appear as Team member in the filter.
- If you use MYOB AE/AO, to show only clients assigned to a particular partner, select the partner from the Partner drop-down. You manage assigned partners from your client's Responsibility tab in AE/AO.
- If you use MYOB AE/AO, to show only clients belonging to a particular family group, select the family group from the Family group drop-down. You set up and manage family groups from your client's Family group tab in AE/AO.
- To filter by the tax notice type, select from the Notice type drop-down.
By default, the list of tax notices is filtered by due date. This helps you see the most relevant upcoming tax notices straight away.
At the start of each month, the From date will be set to the 1st of the current month (regardless of whether the 1st is a weekend or public holiday), and the To date will be set to the 15th of the next month (or the next closest working weekday if the 15th falls on a weekend or public holiday). For example, on the 1/10/22 the tax notices are filtered to show those due between 1/10/22 to 15/11/22.
- To display tax notices with a Use of money interest (UOMI) amount, click More filters and select UOMI amount.
To choose whether to display notices with 0.00 amounts, click More filters and select Nil notice amount.
- To choose whether to display tax notices that have been marked as tax pooling instalments, click More filters and select an option from the Tax pooling drop-down. (Learn more about tax pooling for provisional or terminal tax notices.)
- To display tax notices based on which provisional option they use (only standard, only estimation or all tax notices regardless of whether they are provisional tax notices), click More filters and select an option from the Provisional tax option drop-down.
- To choose whether to display tax notices that have a voluntary adjustment, click More filters and select an option from the Voluntary adjustment drop-down:
- All—Displays all tax notices whether they have a voluntary adjustment or not.
- Any—Displays all tax notices that have any type of voluntary adjustment.
- None—Displays tax notices that don't have a voluntary adjustment.
- FAM (Working for families), FBT (Fringe benefits tax), GST (Goods and services tax), INC (Income tax) or SLS (Student loan)—Displays tax notices with a specific voluntary adjustment type.
To choose whether to display tax notices that are set to Send manually, Send task to client, Send email to client or All, click More filters and select an option from the Delivery preference drop-down. The tax notices that need to be sent manually can't be sent in bulk, so this filter lets you easily exclude those tax notices. It also lets you easily see just those tax notices that you need to prepare for sending manually.
To access the delivery preferences for a client, select the client and click the cog () on the top right of the page. You set these options when preparing tax notice email or Portal task settings.
To choose whether to display tax notices that have Working for families or student loan tax type payments due, click More filters and select an option from the Assessment drop-down. The filter checks for a value in Residual income tax (INC), Student loan repayment obligation (SLS) or Working for Families tax credit (FAM).
Any—Displays all tax notices with assessment amounts, regardless of whether they are for income tax (INC), a student loan (SLS) or Working for Families (FAM).
None—Excludes all tax notices with assessment amounts for any tax type.
Only has INC—Includes tax notices with assessment amounts for INC only, excluding notices with assessment amounts for SLS or FAM.
Includes SLS—Includes tax notices with assessment amounts for SLS, and which may also have assessment amounts for INC or FAM.
Includes FAM—Includes tax notices with assessment amounts for FAM, and which may also have assessment amounts for INC or SLS.
To filter by status, select one of the following tabs.
Status Description Outstanding The number of tax notices with a status of Not started, In progress, In review, Ready for client or Sent. Not started You haven't started preparing the tax notice. In progress You're in progress preparing the tax notice. In review Waiting for a manager or a partner to review the tax notice. Ready for client A manager or partner has approved the tax notice (if applicable). The tax notice is finalised and ready to send to the client. Sent You've sent the tax notice to the client to review and pay. Paid The client's paid the tax notice amount. Not required
If your client doesn't require a tax notice for this instalment.
To reset filters, click Reset.
The Alerts column shows the following alerts:
|Overdue||Where tax notice is overdue.|
|Return data available|
Where the tax notice:
For example, if you have a 2021 provisional tax notice that's been prepared using 2019 as the basis year, if the tax notice is in the status of Ready for client or Sent when the 2020 tax return is filed, you'll see the Return data available alert.
To resolve this alert, open tax notice and click Send for rework. Then you can change the basis year to the latest year.
|Email bounced||The email couldn't be delivered. You might see this during the process of sending tax notices.|