- There are two ways to enter data.
- Tax reconciliation data flows to the tax return.
Data on the Tax reconciliation page is pre-filled from Trial balance page and the underlying workpapers. You can also type data in white cells (not grey cells) and enter other data using workpapers.
Data you enter data on the Tax reconciliation page flows through to the label on the Tax return page.
Pre-filled data in the tax reconciliation page
From the trial balance
Near the top of the Tax reconciliation page, you'll see the accounting balance (Profit/(loss) per accounts). This amount comes from the Trial balance page and flows to an item in the Tax return page.
For example, in a company tax return, the accounting profit or loss is pre-filled at Label 6T.
If you've entered an amount in the Tax adjustments section of a workpaper, the amount flows through to the label in the Tax reconciliation page.
If an amount comes from a workpaper, the numbers are purple. To open the relevant workpaper, click the purple amount. The workpaper opens in a new browser tab.
Example: Amounts flowing from the Borrowing expense workpaper
The Tax adjustments section of the Borrowing expense workpaper has a non-deductible expense amount. In the Tax reconciliation page, this amount flows to the selected label.
Manually entering data in the tax reconciliation page
There are two ways you can manually enter data in the Tax reconciliation page. If a cell is:
- white, type data directly into the cell
- grey, add a workpaper.
In the Tax reconciliation page:
- Click a label's white cell and type a description or amount. You can type new data in a blank cell or adjust existing data.
- If you want to add a new line, press Enter.
- If you want to attach a supporting document, click the grey document icon ().
If you want to delete values from white cells, select the checkbox and click Delete on top of the page.
You can't type in a grey field. To enter a value into a grey field, use a workpaper.
Go to the Trial balance page and add a workpaper. The workpaper opens in a new browser tab.
If the workpaper doesn't open, disable your browser's pop-up blocker.
Complete the labels in the tax adjustments section of the workpaper.
MYOB Practice automatically saves your changes.
- Click the browser tab that the Trial balance page is open in.
- Click the Tax reconciliation tile.
- Check and confirm the amounts in the labels.
- If you need to change an amount:
- Click the purple amount that you want to change. The workpaper opens in a new browser tab.
- Adjust or delete the values in the workpaper. The value in the Tax reconciliation page automatically updates.
Tax reconciliation data flowing to the tax return
The ATO code in the Tax reconciliation page is a link to the label on the tax return, letting you easily check where your data flows to.
To go to the tax return label, click the purple label in the ATO code column.