How satisfied are you with our online help?*
Just these help pages, not phone support or the product itself
Why did you give this rating?
Anything else you want to tell us about the help?
AccountRight Plus and Premier, Australia only
When a new employee starts, you set up an employee card to enter their payroll and superannuation details. This includes adding superannuation payroll categories, selecting a super fund and entering a super fund membership number. When you record a pay, any superannuation contributions are automatically tracked and ready to be included in your next Pay Super payment.
If your employee nominates a super fund you haven't used before, you'll need to set up the fund for Pay Super payments.
Before paying your new employee, it's a good idea to check they're ready to go.
Go to the Lists menu and choose Superannuation Funds. The Superannuation Fund List window appears.
Select a fund you want to pay using Pay Super and click Edit. The Superannuation Fund Information window appears.
- Select the Pay directly from AccountRight option.
If the fund doesn't have a Registered Name selected, select one from the list.
If you're setting up a self-managed fund (SMSF), the registered name will be filled in for you when you enter the ABN of the fund.
If the super fund has provided you with an employer membership number, enter it in the Employer Membership No field. This is the unique identification number provided by the fund after registering employees with them. Check our list of super funds to see which ones require an Employer Membership Number.
- Repeat these steps for each super fund that you'll pay using Pay Super.
Go to the Card File command centre and click Cards List. The Cards List window appears.
Select an employee from the list and click Edit. The Card Information window appears.
- In the Profile tab, select Individual from the Designation drop-down list. Make sure the following fields are also complete:
- Last Name
- First Name
- Address (including City, State, Postcode and Country). Make sure the State and Country are selected from the drop down lists and not typed in.
- at least one Phone Number.
- In the Payroll Details tab, make sure the following fields are complete:
- In the Personal Details section: Date of Birth and Gender.
- In the Superannuation section: Superannuation Fund and Employee Membership Number. Note that this fund needs to the Pay directly from AccountRight option selected.
- In the Taxes section: Tax File Number.
Are your superannuation categories set up correctly? Check that the super payroll categories you've linked to your employees are of the Superannuation category type, not Employer Expense. Only super amounts allocated to payroll categories listed in the Superannuation view of the Payroll Category List (Payroll command centre) can be processed using Pay Super.