How satisfied are you with our online help?*
Just these help pages, not phone support or the product itself
Why did you give this rating?
Anything else you want to tell us about the help?
If you need to delete a payment applied to a sale, you'll fist need to ensure your AccountRight preference is set to allow transactions to be deleted (you need to ensure that the preference, Transactions CAN'T be Changed; They Must be reversed, is deselected). You can then delete the payment.
If you need to delete a deposit, see Customer deposits.
Let's step you through it.
To allow transactions to be deleted
If your user role allows you to change preferences, you can change this option at any time.
Go to the Setup menu and select Preferences.
- Select the Security tab,
- Deselect the Transactions CAN'T be Changed; They Must be reversed option.
- Click OK.
To delete a customer payment
- Go to the Sales command centre and click Sales Register.
- Find and open the sale the payment was applied to.
- Click History.
- Find the payment transaction to be deleted. Here's an example:
- Click the zoom arrow for the payment transaction. The payment transaction will be displayed.
Go to the Edit menu and choose Delete Payment. If you only see the option to Reverse, see the previous task about allowing transactions to be deleted.
Deleting a reconciled payment can put your reconciliation out of balance. If you want to delete a reconciled transaction, you need to undo the bank reconciliation first, then delete the entry and re-reconcile the account. See Reconciliation problems.
If you only have the option to Reverse Payment, check whether:
- you need to change your preference as described above
- you're trying to delete a payment from a closed financial year (if so, you'll only be able to reverse the payment)
- you've grouped the payment with undeposited funds. See Preparing a bank deposit for the steps to delete it
- you've rolled back the financial year (if so, you'll only be able to reverse the payment)