How satisfied are you with our online help?*
Just these help pages, not phone support or the product itself
Why did you give this rating?
Anything else you want to tell us about the help?
AccountRight Plus and Premier, Australia only
Every time you process an employee’s pay, the amounts from that payment are recorded in the employee’s pay history.
The Pay History section of an employee’s card is used to:
- enter an employee’s pay history when you are setting up payroll part-way through the year, and
- review a history of what the employee has been paid for a specified period.
Don't tamper with history
If you've made a mistake in a pay, don't try to fix it by changing the Pay History in an employee's card. Instead, fix it by adjusting the employee's next pay. See Changing a recorded pay for all the details.
Changing the Pay History in an employee's card will cause a few headaches, including:
- it won't fix an incorrect pay
- the amounts won't be posted to your payroll accounts
- payroll calculations, such as superannuation, will be affected
- the change will only be reflected on the Payroll Register report, not the Payroll Activity report (this report is based on what's been entered through Process Payroll). So if your payroll register and payroll activity reports don't match, it usually means an employee's Pay History has been changed.
To view an employee’s pay history
- Go to the Card File command centre and click Cards List. The Cards List window appears.
- Click the Employee tab and select the employee whose pay history you want to view.
- Click Edit. The Card Information window appears.
- Click the Payroll Details tab.
Click Pay History. The Pay History section displays the totals of each payroll category for the specified month, quarter, or year to date.
To find information about specific employee pays, such as pay dates, go to the Transaction Journal > Payroll tab.
- Select a pay history period from the Show Pay History for list.
Can't find what you need? Try one of the payroll reports.