You can allocate unallocated accounts to an account group in a number of ways:
Use drag-and-drop to allocate individual accounts to account groups. The account must be dragged from the Chart of Accounts table to the appropriate account group in the Account Group Details tree.
Using the Allocate to Group button on the Statutory Reporter — Account Groups or (NZ) Statutory Reporter — Tax Account Groups window.
The Chart of Accounts right-click menu option, Allocate to Group, is used to allocate a selected account to an account group in the Account Group Details tree.
- Access the account groups for the practice or for a selected client. See Accessing account groups. If Account Groups are to be configured for the practice, then select the Industry Type and nominate a Sample Client. See To access the practice account group configuration.
- Locate the account in the Chart of Accounts table.
The Chart of Accounts lists the accounts from the selected client’s general ledger. By default the chart of accounts will only show you accounts which have not already been allocated to an account group.
- To change your view, select Display all accounts from the drop down arrow at the bottom of the window.
- You also have the option to display accounts with zero balances. The table lists the account code, the account description and indicates whether the account has been allocated to an account group.
- To search for an account, enter the account code or description in the Search bar at the top of the window
- Select Display unallocated accounts on the drop-down at the bottom of the Chart of Accounts table, to view only those accounts which have not been allocated to an account group.
- Locate the account group in the Account Group Details tree. The Account Group Details section shows your account tree in a standard windows folder structure. Each folder lists the account ranges or individual accounts which have been allocated to that account group. You can expand and view each of the folders by clicking on the plus icon.
Click the account entry in the Chart of Accounts table. Statutory reporter comes with default account mapping:
- these master mappings are marked with a red sum symbol next to the letter M
- if you have set any practice mapping rules, these will be indicated with a yellow sum symbol next to the letter P.
The account within the account group is identified with if it is configured at a practice level. The account within the account group is identified with if it is configured at a client level.
On the top right hand side of the window, the description outlines the effects the selected account group will have on our report. For a more detailed description, click View full description.
To allocate individual accounts to an account group you can either drag the account from the chart of accounts and drop it in the applicable account group in the account group detail tree or right click and select allocate to group
You can select multiple accounts by pressing the CRL or SHIFT key when making your selections.
To select consecutive accounts, click the accounts and press [Shift].
To select non-consecutive accounts, click the accounts and press [Ctrl].
Once we have mapped an account at a client level, the account we have mapped will be indicated with a blue sum symbol next to the letter C
- Repeat to allocate all the accounts in the Chart of Accounts table as necessary.
- Click OK to save the changes made in allocating individual account to the account groups.