Use Comments to add additional information, remarks or queries for other staff members. During the review process you can add a comment to flag an area for review or mark an area that needs correction. Comments can be dragged and dropped in a workpaper - see Moving comments in a workpaper.
- Open the workpapers period. See Opening an existing period. The Prepare Trial Balance (Workpapers) table is displayed.
- Open a workpaper. See Opening workpapers. The specific workpaper window opens.
- Click to place the cursor where the comment is to be added.
- Click New comment on the toolbar. A comment box opens. The comment box displays the name of the staff member editing the workpaper and today’s date. If a workpaper field is selected, the name of the field is displayed after Reference in the comment box.
- Enter the information for the comment. Information entered into the comment box is automatically saved.
- To close the comment box, click outside of the comment box in the workpaper area. The comment closes and is identified by a comment icon on the workpaper. The number increments as more comments are added to the workpaper.
Changes are saved and the window remains open.
Click OK. The window closes, and any changes made will be saved.
or Click Cancel. The window closes.
If you have made any changes you will be prompted to save the changes before the window closes.
If you have Document Manager, and you checked out PDF documents in this workpaper by clicking the Edit button, a warning message will display asking if you want to check in these saved PDF documents when you close the workpaper. Clicking Yes will check in all PDF documents. Clicking No will require you to check in these documents manually. These documents can be checked in manually using the Document Manager icon in the system tray. See Accessing Document Manager from the system tray.