You can edit the control group in the Maintain Control Group window once the control group has been created.
To move between fields in the Maintain Control Group window use [Tab].
To move to a previous field use [Shift][Tab].
See Maintain Control Group window—Control group fields and Maintain Control Group window—Taxation tab fields for more information regarding the fields in the Maintain Control Group window.
- Open the Maintain Control Group window. There are 2 ways to do this:
Click Maintain control group on the Tasks bar of the Assets Register.
Select Maintenance > Maintain control group on the main menu of the Assets Listing page.
- Select the control group to be edited.
Edit the Account code of the control group. You can edit the Account code in 2 ways:
If you are in non-integrated mode, highlight the Account code and overtype the existing text.
If you are in integrated mode, click the cell. The magnifying glass icon is displayed. Click the magnifying glass icon to open the Find Chart of Accounts window from where you can search for the account. See Searching accounts.
Select another account and click OK. Alternatively, double-click the selected general ledger account in the Find Charts of Accounts window to automatically fill the Account code field in the Maintain Control Group window.
If you have made an error during selection and have not yet clicked Save, press [ESC] to remove the entry.
Edit the Name.
You can edit the Name in 2 ways:
If you are in non-integrated mode, highlight the Name of the control group and overtype the existing text. The Name field is limited to a maximum of 50 alphanumeric characters.
If you are in integrated mode and have selected an Account code, the Name field is automatically filled.
The Name field must not be blank
- Edit the Private use % to be used by the assets within the control group. The Private use % field is a percentage value limited to a maximum of 6 digits including 2 decimal places ranging between 0 – 100%.
- Press [Enter].
- Edit the Depreciation defaults. See Depreciation defaults fields (Taxation) or Depreciation defaults fields (Accounting).
- Edit the appropriate option for Calculate depreciation using. See Calculate depreciation using fields (Taxation) or Calculate depreciation using fields (Accounting).
- Change the Integrated accounts to be used for the control group, if necessary. See Integrated account fields and Searching accounts.
If you are in integrated mode, select the integrated accounts by clicking the magnifying glass button to open the Find Chart of Accounts window.
If you are in non-integrated mode, overtype the account code for each of the integrated account fields. The Integrated accounts fields are limited to a maximum of 50 alphanumeric characters.
You can [Tab] between the Integrated accounts fields. You can also copy and paste accounts from one field to another. Account fields can be left blank.
Click Save. The control group is saved to the database and the Maintain Control Group window remains open.
- Click OK to save and close the window. If you wish to close the window without making changes, click Cancel.
The Maintain Control Group window is closed.
If you click Cancel and you have unsaved changes you will be prompted to save or discard your changes before closing the Maintain Control Group window.