- Created by Suchi Govindarajan, last modified by KymA on Jan 24, 2019
How satisfied are you with our online help?*
Just these help pages, not phone support or the product itself
Why did you give this rating?
Anything else you want to tell us about the help?
The Create Document Wizard guides you through the procedure of creating a new document for the selected document type.
Combined with any Document Manager release is MYOB Intranet.
MYOB Intranet is used to configure stationery documents that provide formatting and layout features to documents, such as headers, footers, fonts, and so on. Any of the stationery ‘templates’ can be selected in combination with the standard document when creating new documents.
For example, you could select a document that provides the main body of text of a letter and merge fields which prompt for contact name, address, and so on. The header and footer information (such as a company logo and the address) would be provided from the stationery document that is selected.
When the stationery and standard document are combined the final result is a completed document ready to send to your client and saved in Document Manager.
Add document option
New documents can be added using one of the options of the Add document section of the Tasks bar option from one of the following:
Find Documents page
Analyse Documents page
Contacts, Clients, Assignment Details (AE) or Employees pages > Documents tab.
Create Document Wizard
The Create Document Wizard has 3 steps:
Step 1. Open the wizard.
Step 2. Contact, Stationery & Standard information on the Details tab.
Step 3. Profiling of the Document on the Profiling tab. You cannot select the Profiling tab without first completing the fields on the Details tab.
Click an option from the Add document section on the Tasks bar.
Select the type of document to be created. The Create Document Wizard opens for the selected document type.
Some fields of the Create Document Wizard are inactive, depending on the document type to be created.
- Select a Contact. If you opened the Create Document Wizard from a Documents tab, the Contact field will be automatically filled.
Type in the field to search for contacts — results appear in a dropdown below the field. You can also press the [Down] key to show the last 5 selected clients.
Once a Contact is selected, the Address Details are automatically filled. A different Address can be selected from the drop-down, if required.
- In the Intranet Details section:
- Select a Standard (for example, Engagement Letter) from the drop-down. If the option you want is not listed, click the ellipse button to open the Select Standard Item window. Find the required standard and double-click the standard to add it to the Create Document Wizard field.
- Select the Stationery (for example, P/L Logo with Merge details) from the drop-down. Alternatively, click the ellipse button to open the Select Stationery Item window. Find the required stationery and double-click the selected stationery to add it to the Create Document Wizard field.
- In the Document Details section:
- Enter a descriptive Title for the document. If a document standard has been selected, the title defaults to that document name. This is a mandatory field. A document Title must be entered.
- The Author field is automatically filled with the name of the currently logged in staff member. If a different Author is required, click the ellipse button to find and select a different employee from the Find Employees window. This is a mandatory field. An Author for the document must be entered.
- In the Source section, select either:
- Outbound — if the document is being sent from the practice.
- Inbound — if it has been received.
- In the Other section
- If the document is to be reviewed and approved, then click the Approval Required checkbox.
- If you are posting the document, then click the Send via Post checkbox. Document tracking will be included in the Mail Centre view.
- Click Next.
- Proceed to step 3 — profiling the document .
- Click the Profiling tab.
Select a Filing Cabinet from the drop-down. This is the Filing Cabinet in which the new document will be stored. This is a mandatory field. You must select a filing cabinet.
(AE) Select the required Assignment from the drop-down.
If the selected Filing Cabinet does not have assignments, the Assignment field will be inactive.
If the selected Filing Cabinet has assignments, the Assignment field will be active.
Ensure that you enter Values for any of the mandatory extra fields. You can also edit the values of any existing categories, if required.
Additional extra fields can be included for this document.
Click to add extra fields for this document. The Select extra fields window opens.
Select the checkboxes against each of the required extra fields.
Click the very first checkbox in the heading row to select all of the available extra fields.
Click to remove any extra fields that are not required.
You cannot remove any default extra fields for the selected Filing Cabinet. Only additional extra fields that have been added at this stage can be delete.
Select the additional extra field from the table that was added by you but that you would like to delete.
- If extra fields were added, enter the appropriate Value for each and edit the values of the existing categories, as required.
If necessary, and you have the appropriate security rights, click Security to change the security settings of the document. See Document security for details.
Click Finish to close the wizard and save all the settings you have selected.
The new document will open in the appropriate application (Microsoft Word, Excel, and so on) ready for you to complete.
Viewing and editing document properties
Adding details to existing file notes
Deleting details in File Notes