Child pages
  • Reportable fringe benefits amounts (RFBA) with Single Touch Payroll reporting




How satisfied are you with our online help?*

Just these help pages, not phone support or the product itself

Very dissatisfied
Very satisfied

Why did you give this rating?

Anything else you want to tell us about the help?

MYOB Essentials, Australia only

Do you provide your employees benefits that the ATO considers 'fringe benefits'? These fringe benefits are reportable if the total taxable value exceeds the threshold set by the ATO.

To tell the ATO about Reportable fringe benefits amounts (RFBA), enter the grossed-up taxable value of those benefits when finalising your employees at the end of the financial year.


To enter RFBA
  1. Go to the Payroll menu and choose Payroll Reporting.
  2. Click the EOFY Finalisation tab.
  3. For each employee with fringe benefit amounts:
    1. Click the ellipsis button for the employee and choose Enter RFBA.
    2. Enter in both the:

      • Reportable fringe benefits amount $

      • Reportable fringe benefits amount exempt from FBT under section 57A $
        The combined value of these must be above the thresholds set by the ATO.

    3. Click Add amounts.
  4. Select each employee you want to finalise, then click Set as Final.
  5. Enter your name and click Send.

  Reportable fringe benefits FAQs

How do I enter reportable benefits covered by Section 57A of the FBTAA 1986?

If Section 57A of the Fringe Benefits Tax Assessment Act 1986 applies to you, you can report this to the ATO via Single Touch Payroll reporting.

Affected businesses are mainly not-for-profit organisations, such as public benevolent institutions, health promotion charities, some hospitals and public ambulance services.

If Section 57A applies, you need to report the benefits that fall under that section in the Reportable fringe benefits amount exempt from FBT under section 57A field, and show other reportable fringe benefits provided to the employees in the Reportable fringe benefits amount field.

These don't need to be reported separately.