- Created by admin, last modified by JenniferM on Oct 26, 2022
How satisfied are you with our online help?*
Just these help pages, not phone support or the product itself
Why did you give this rating?
Anything else you want to tell us about the help?
Bank feeds allow information from your financial institution to be sent straight to MYOB so you can save time on your data entry. Tell me more about bank feeds.
To set up a bank feed for an AMEX card, you need to:
- be the online owner (this is usually the person who set up your MYOB subscription) or an Online Admin user
- have an eligible AMEX card (only AMEX cards issued directly from AMEX can be set up for bank feeds. Co-branded cards are not eligible). Check the list of supported AMEX accounts
- have your MYOB account details handy.
There are two parts to setting up a bank feed:
Start the application process in MYOB, then finish online via the AMEX portal.
Once your bank feed is active, choose the MYOB account the bank feed applies to.
Need to link more bank accounts? The number of bank accounts you can link depends on your plan. Go to My Account to see your current limit or upgrade your plan (click your business name > My Account > Manage my product).
1. Apply for a bank feed
Here's how to get started:
- In MYOB, go to the Banking menu and choose Manage bank feeds.
- Click Create bank feed.
For the Account type, choose Credit card account.
- Choose Amex Credit Cards from the list of financial institutions.
- Read the displayed information and, if you agree, select the option I confirm that.
- Click Next.
- Take note of the displayed code or click Copy to copy it to your Windows clipboard. You'll need this code in the AMEX portal to complete the application.
Click Go to online banking.
Log in to the AMEX portal.
- Accept the terms and conditions.
- Select the credit card you want to set up the bank feed for.
- Confirm your selection and click Send request.
Applications are usually processed by AMEX within 24 hours , but it can take a few days—we'll let you know when it's ready. Also see Tracking the status of your bank feed application
If you haven't heard from us after 5 business days, contact product support (click chat or scroll down for other options on the Contact Us page).
Once it's ready, you'll need to link the bank feed to the corresponding account in MYOB—see the next task for details.
2. Link the bank feed to an account in MYOB
Once you've been notified (by email) that your bank feed has been approved and the first bank feed has arrived, you'll need to link the bank feed to the corresponding account in MYOB. This will be the account in MYOB that your bank transactions will be fed into.
To link an account to the bank feed
- In MYOB, go to the Banking menu and choose Manage bank feeds. The Manage bank feeds page opens, listing all the bank feeds you have set up and their status.
In the Linked account column for the new bank feed, choose an account from the list. This will be the account that the bank feed transactions will be imported to. You can only select accounts set up as a bank account or credit card.
- Click Save to finish.
What happens next?
Your bank transactions will automatically be fed into MYOB at the frequency specified by AMEX for your account type.
You can then allocate those transactions to the applicable accounts or match them to existing transactions. You can even set up rules to make it happen automatically. Find out all about Working with bank transactions.