Accountants Enterprise only
The Allocate payment for multiple invoices feature enables you to select a number of invoices to pay, without knowing the total amount, then have the system calculate the total amount of the multiple allocated invoices.
- Select Bookkeeping > Employee Ledger on the main menu. The Employee Expense Payments window opens.
- Select a Company from the drop-down. The system uses the Account field to display the account from which the payment is drawn. Account details are maintained in Maintenance > Ledger Maintenance > Nominal Codes.
Select a bank Account from the drop-down.
Select the payment method from the Source drop-down.
Enter the Employee Code or Employee Name. The employee details and a list of all outstanding invoices is displayed. When the employee’s name is entered, the Employee Code is displayed automatically.
Enter the payment Number, if required.
Enter the Description, if required.
Click the checkbox beside Multiples.
Click the Bills header in the tree.
Press [Ctrl] to multi-select and click the invoices to be paid.
Click Multiples. The system will calculate the amount of the payment from the invoices selected and populate the Amount field.
- Click Post. The Posting confirmation message is displayed.
- Click OK. The Create Payment window confirms that the payment was successfully created. The Cheques ready to print window opens if you selected Cheque from the payment Source drop-down.
- Select the cheque you want to print.
- Click the print icon.
Alternatively, print multiple cheques in batches, as described in Creditors payment run.