Accountants Enterprise with Practice Manager only
When you create a timesheet, the system automatically generates a sheet using the time processing category assigned to you by your system administrator. The category translates to a time period shown in the Create New Sheet window when you create a timesheet.
You can choose to display the timesheet in a Periodic, Daily or Calendar entry view and record time in that view. See Timesheet User Settings/System Settings.
You can create a timesheet for yourself or, if you have the authority, one for another employee.
You can create a timesheet using the toolbar or the Employee page, or you can save time by creating your timesheet while working in the Employee Planner or Job Manager.
Click this link to launch a self-paced online learning Show Me demonstration. (Adobe Flash player required.)
Click Timesheet on the toolbar. By default, this week’s timesheet opens.
Complete your timesheet.
If you are on the Employee page, you can create a timesheet for yourself and, if you have the authority, a timesheet for other employees.
- Find and open the employee. Select your name or that of another employee you are creating the timesheet for. See Finding and opening employee records. The Employee page opens on the Main tab by default.
- Click the Timesheets tab.
- Click Create timesheet on the Tasks bar. The Create New Sheet window opens.
- Select the Time Period from the list.
- Click OK. The Timesheet opens in the view you selected for your timesheet. See Timesheet User Settings/System Settings. You can create a timesheet in the next period by clicking Create next timesheet on the Tasks bar.
- Complete your timesheet.