Family groups can be used to group together related clients and/or contacts for reporting purposes. Family Groups are a label that enables you select members to include in a consolidated report or mail-out.
Family Groups may consist of individuals, companies, trusts or other organisations. For example, Mrs Lee, Mr Lee, Lee’s Supermarket Pty Ltd, A. A. Lee Superannuation and the A. A. Lee Family Trust might constitute the Lee Family Group.
Once a Family Group has been defined in the Maintenance area, you can assign it to a client on their Client page or a contact on their Contact page.
For examples of Family Groups, see Practice Manager Family Groups.pdf.
Select Maintenance > Client/Supplier > Family Groups on the main menu or Maintenance > Maintenance Map > Client > Family Groups. The Maintenance — Family Groups page opens displaying a table of Family Groups. The first row of the table is blank.
Enter the name of the new Family Group in the first blank row at the top of the table.
Press [Enter]. The Family Group is defined and added to the table. The new Family Group is now available to assign to clients and contacts.
Click OK to save the information and close the Maintenance — Family Groups page.
Select Maintenance > Client/Supplier > Family Groups on the main menu or Maintenance > Maintenance Map > Client > Family Groups. The Maintenance — Family Groups page opens.
Select the Family Group you want to edit.
Overtype the text changes.
Press [Enter]. To update the Family Group. All clients and contacts using this Family Group will be updated to show the edited Family Group.
Click OK to save the changes and close the Maintenance —Family Groups page.
If you have any client or contact pages open that belong to the Family Group you are editing, you will need to click Refresh on the Tasks bar to refresh the display to reflect the updated details.
You can't delete Family Groups that are being used by the system. If you try to delete a Family Group that has clients and/or contacts assigned to it, an error message is displayed.
You will need to remove the particular Family Group from the Main tab of every client first and then to remove the group entirely from Maintenance > Client/Supplier > Family Groups.
- Click Contacts icon. The Find Clients screen appears.
- Type the code of the client you will be removing the family group from in the Search for field and press Enter. The client appears in the Find Clients screen.
- Click OK. The Main tab appears.
- From the Family Group field, highlight the family group and hit Delete on your keyboard and click OK to save.
- Follow the menu Maintenance > Client/Supplier > Family Groups or Maintenance > Maintenance Map > Client> Family Groups. The Maintenance-Family Groups screen appears.
- Highlight the group you want to remove by clicking to highlight the entire row.
- Press [Delete] on your keyboard. A message Are you sure you want to delete this row? appears.
Click Yes to confirm deletion and click OK to save.The message This Family Group cannot be deleted as it is currently in use, may appear if you have not removed the family group from every client's Main tab.