If the wrong bank account has been attached to a client file, the bank account can be removed (deleted) and the correct account attached. The instructions below describe how to complete both these tasks.
Deleting a bank account from a client file doesn’t delete it from BankLink Practice - it simply detaches it from the client file.
The bank account will still be accessible under System > Bank Accounts.
Importantly, the following will be permanently lost:
- any historical transactions entered manually or imported
- coding information on all transactions
- unpresented items
Before deleting a bank account from a client file, it’s recommended to print a coding report including all entries for all periods.
- In BankLink Practice, open the client file you want to delete the bank account from.
Select Other Functions > Bank Accounts.
Highlight the bank account you wish to delete.
This is a critical operation which cannot be reversed - ensure you have selected the correct bank account to be deleted.
- Click Delete.
- Click Yes to confirm you wish to complete this critical operation which cannot be reversed.
- Enter the word DELETE (in capitals) as the password.
- In BankLink Practice, open the client file.
- Select Other Functions > Bank Accounts.
- Click Attach.
- Tick Include Deleted at the bottom of the page.
- Highlight the bank account you would like to attach to this client file.
- Click Attach and this bank account will be attached to your client file.
- Edit the bank account in the usual way to add the contra code.