Here's how to add a full time, part time or casual employee in MYOB Payroll.
- Go to the Maintenance command centre and click Maintain Employees.
- Click New. The New Employee window appears.
Enter a code in the Employee Code field.
Each employee must have a unique code (which can be numbers or letters). We recommend the first four or five letters of the surname followed by the initials. This ensures that reports will be printed in alphabetical order for surnames. If you use numbers for your employees, make them the same length by including leading zeros (otherwise 11 comes before 2 alphabetically). Employee codes can be changed at any time.
- If you want to copy selected information from an existing employee, select the Copy the following information from Employee Code option. Press F9 to select the employee you want to copy from. Select the required copy options.
- Click OK. The first step of the New Employee Setup Wizard appears.
- Enter the basic pay details such as start date, IRD number and tax code.
- Click Next and enter the days per week and hours per day normally worked. Your normal hours per week is calculated. Normal hours per week is used to calculate employee leave allocation. For example, if your normal hours per week is 40, your employees will be allocated 4 weeks of 40 hours of annual leave per year (160 hours).
- Click Next and enter the KiwiSaver details for the employee.
- Click Next and then Finish.
- If you're adding a casual employee, complete the additional steps below.
- Click Close.
After performing steps 1 - 9 above, complete the following:
- Click the Leave Details tab.
- Ensure the following fields have zero values (0.00):
- Normal days/week
- Normal hours/day
- Normal hours per week
- In the Holiday Pay % field, enter the required rate. Most casual workers accrue 8% which equates to 4 weeks a year. It cannot be less than 8%, but it can be more. If the employee is entitled to 5 weeks, set the Holiday Pay % to 10%.
The word Casual now dsplays at the bottom of the window.
- Click the Pay Defaults/Totals tab.
- If you are paying out the casual employee each pay, enter 1.00 in the Quantity column for the Holiday Pay pay code. This will add on the employee's holiday pay each time they are paid.
- Click Close.